CS0010: Cannot declare a namespace and a type both named

Hi,

I am receiving the error CS0010: Cannot declare a namespace and a type both named when I add Aspose.Cells to a web project. This is very old code using .NET 1.1. I am using the latest Aspose.Cells v7.4.3.0.

Based on other posts, this seems to be related to the obfuscator. Unfortunately, I am not able to upgrade the site beyond .net 1.1. Can you help with a solution?

Best,

Scott Butler

Hi,

Could you give us more details about your issue, e.g. sample project/code, complete error description, screen shots etc. We will check your issue soon. Also, which Aspose.Cells.Dll you are using, you should use Aspose.Cells.Dll in “\bin\net1.1” folder at your installation location.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am using the correct .net 1.1 version of the dll. The dll works fine within my project but when I add it to the larger environment, that is when I get the issue. I have contacted the vendor of the larger package to see if they obfuscated their assemblies.

I am not sure it makes sense to send you other code as the issue only happens when in the context of the larger environment.

Is it possible to get a non-obfuscated version of the dll?

Best,

Scott Butler

Hi,

Well, I am afraid, we cannot provide the non-obfuscated version of the product as we have to provide the obfuscated version of the product due to security reasons.

Anyways, we will look into your issue soon if we can figure it out soon. We have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41667”. Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.
Hi,

We have evaluated your issue further.

We tested and the obfuscated Aspose.Cells.Dll (from net1.1) works fine without any issue on our environment. Could you give us complete details about your larger environment where it is not working. We will try to mimic the environment and check your issue on our end.

Thank you.