Custom Assembly

Hello, I would like to build a custom assembly following the instructions here:

However, this is my dev machine with only visual studio 2010 installed.

How would i only get my machine to recognize the Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll file?

It seems as if none of the classes from this dll is recognized even when i include

using Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices;

Thank you

Hi Doyoung,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have tried to observe the requirement specified. Have you tried using the following sample application shared on your end:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/download/attachments/56852539/RenderingExtensionDemo.zip?version=1&modificationDate=1368438801480
Can you please share which version of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services you are using on your end and what is your environment details.

For your kind reference, I have also attached the sample application that I have compiled using Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 4.8.1 without any issue. It seems you are probably missing to add the dll reference in project.

Many Thanks,

Hello, yes, i have seen this demo. in fact, i applied this demo right in to our server.

after modifying the rssrvpolicy.config and rsreportserver.config file for the ASPPTX extension, I no longer see the option to export to Powerpoint.

The config files are added with these lines:
<IMembershipCondition class=“UrlMembershipCondition” version=“1” Url=“c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10_50.SSRS\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin\TestSlidesRenderingExtension.dll” />

For the ReportServer.Config

PowerPoint 2007 - 2010
TestSlidesRenderingExtension.DemoRenderingExtension, TestSlidesRenderingExtension
8.5in
11in

Saving this and restarting RS Reports disabled the PPTX export. What am i doing wrong?

Thank you for all your help.

Hi Doyoung,

I have tried to understand the issue shared by you. In your first post you mentioned that you had issue while using the sample code shared in this documentation article. Now, I am assuming that you have passed stage 1 and generated the custom assembly TestSlidesRenderingExtension.dll after successful execution of sample project shared. You then followed the guidelines shared here to integrate the created assembly in Report server and got the issue. Am I right till here?

Can you please share the answer to following questions:

1. Which version of SQL Server is installed along with Report Server?
  2. Are SQL Server and report server installed on same machine?
  3. Does Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services normally if you do not deploy the custom assembly on your end?

I also like to add further that Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services does not work if you have SQL Server express installed on your end. Please also provide rssrvpolicy.config and rsreportserver.config for further investigation as well.

Many Thanks,

Hello, Yes you are correct. Note that I am building the project from my Dev machine and deploying it our report server in Sharepoint Integrated mode.

1. SQL 2008 R2 Standard
2. No
3. Yes Aspose slides for SSRS works normal without the custom assemblies.

I attached the config files but deleted the security and connection tags just for extra security measures.

Thank you

Hi Doyoung,

Thanks for sharing the requested information. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESREP-33305 in our issue tracking system as investigation so that our development team may help in further investigation and resolution of the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Doyoung,

Our development team has investigated the issue on thier end and it has been observed that you have used DeviceInfo section inside of Configuration section which is wrong. Please use following configuration on your end.

PowerPoint 2007 - 2010

TestSlidesRenderingExtension.DemoRenderingExtension, TestSlidesRenderingExtension

8.5in
11in

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan