Custom Filters same as in Excel ...?

Could you please answer my following queries. My customer has these clarification…

1. After Column Header, a blank row to filter rows in grid (Custom Filters same as in Excel)
  2. Column locking.
  3. Hide/Unhide column.
  4. Undo/Redo previous events.
  5. There should be an alphabet associated with each column in the next row to Header row and user should be able to press Ctrl + [Some Alphabet], and as soon as user presses this, the contents of [Some Alphabet] column of currently selected row should be pasted at the currently selected cell. E.g. if there are alphabets A, B, C, D, E associated to columns. The currently selected cell is D column of 3rd row and if user presses Ctrl + E, the contents of E column of 3rd row should be pasted in D column of 3rd row. The same functionality should work, if user has selected multiple cells (consecutive or non-consecutive) of a column, then data will be copied from referenced cells and pasted into selected cells. (Need to check the possibility)
  6. Similarly, if user types in D+F+I into a cell, as soon as he presses Enter, system should pick data up from the specified cells of current row, calculate the value and put the value in the current cell. In another case, if we have D5, F4 and H6, where, D column belongs to 5th row, F column belongs to 4th row, H column belongs to 6th row, if user wants to have the calculated value of these cells (same as in Excel), he can do that using formula. Formula will be started with = sign. E.g. D5+F4+H6 will pick up cells values from different columns and rows and will calculate and put the value in the current cell when user hit Enter.
  7. For all such operations, referred columns have numeric values. Allowed operators are: + (Addition), - (Subtraction), % (Division), * (Multiplication).
  8. User can change the Position Column Value for Investors, but if he wants to again make the Investor Position Value equal to sum of all its Fund values, he should go to that Investor position cell and press Ctrl + [Some Character, Not Specified yet], it should automatically pick up the sum of underneath related funds’ values and it should put the calculated value at the selected cell.
  9. Spell checker
  10. Open office documents (preview office document) not needed to install office on that machine
  11. Charting facity
  12. Creating work sheets in the grid. (add work sheet,remove worksheet,insert row etc…)
  13. Documents Conversion option (word to pdf etc…)
  14. PDF to excel convertor.

Hope a quick reply.

thx.

M.Irfan.

Hi M. Irfan,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

1). Please check the featured demos (you may check the source code of the demos, the demos are automatically installed on the system when you use Aspose.Grid.MSI):

P>2). Yes, you can do it, check the following codes:

WebWorksheets sheets = GridWeb1.WebWorksheets;

// Sets first 100 cells in C column readonly.

sheets[0].SetReadonlyRange(0, 2, 100, 1);

WebCells cells = sheets[0].Cells;

3). Yes, please check the following sample codes:

WebCells cells = GridWeb1.WebWorksheets[0].Cells;

//Hide the C Column

cells.SetColumnWidth(2, new Unit("0pt"));

4). Not yet supported.

5). The feature is not supported, we will support it soon.

6). Well, yes, you may enter formula into the cell, but to calculate the formula you have to submit grid data thus clicking either Submit button or Save button of the grid.

7). Yes.

8). We will look into it.

9). Not yet supported

10). We will support it in future versions.

11). Not yet, supported, we will look into it. But you may use our other products e.g., Aspose.Chart or Aspose.Cells for creating charts.

12). Yes supported.

13). Not supported.

14). Not Supported.

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply. First thing is I need Window grid as I am working on a desktop application. Are Window and Web grid included in the package you offered me yesterday? Also, Could you please confirm if all of the features that supported in Web (mentioned in your replies) are supported in Window grid as well?

1). Please check the featured demos (you may check the source code of the demos, the demos are automatically installed on the system when you use Aspose.Grid.MSI):

github.com

aspose-cells/Aspose.Cells-for-.NET/blob/master/Examples_GridWeb/GridWeb.Net4/CSharp/Cells/SetAutoFilter.aspx.cs

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;

namespace Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.Examples.CSharp.Cells
{
    public partial class SetAutoFilter : System.Web.UI.Page
    {
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            // If first visit to the page, init GridWeb
            if (!Page.IsPostBack && !GridWeb1.IsPostBack)
            {
                InitGridWeb();
            }
        }

This file has been truncated. show original

github.com

aspose-cells/Aspose.Cells-for-.NET/blob/master/Examples_GridWeb/GridWeb.Net4/CSharp/Cells/SetCustomFilter.aspx.cs

using System;
using System.Linq;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.UI;

{
    public partial class SetCustomFilter : System.Web.UI.Page
    {
        {
            {
                InitGridWeb();
            }
        }

Please find attached Custom Filter Example file. In this file when you play with filters, you see how data get filtered. I need such functionality in grid.

4). Not yet supported.

I think, my customer developer had a chat with one of your guys and he said Undo is possible, but not Redo. Could you please confirm it?

6). Well, yes, you may enter formula into the cell, but to calculate the formula you have to submit grid data thus clicking either Submit button or Save button of the grid.

I tried my hands on Window grid and it worked as soon as we hit Enter, no need to click Submit or Save. Could you please confirm?

8). We will look into it.

Ok, we will wait for your reply.

Also, I have a few more queries. I have checked with Aspos.Grid.Desktop.Grid.Features, just to confirm.

To add New column.

1. To add New row.
  2. Data should be editable in grid.
  3. Grid’s Cells’ contents should be editable same as in Excel. On Double Click, User should be able to make changes character by character in the cell. On Single Click, whole contents of Cell are overwritten.
  4. Multiple selections of cells should be there even if they are editable. F2 should be used to make them editable.
  5. By Default, grid will be in such a mode that navigating the grid should select an entire Cell. Now, Now the selected cell should be Editable, to make the cell editable, we have two options. 1. User presses F2 2. Right Clicks on the Cell and click on menu item Edit. After making changes in the cell, user hits Enter and it will be again in Entire Cell Selection mode, same as in Excel.
  6. When grid’s cell is in Entire Cell Selection mode and user presses a character, it should perform 2 functions
  7. Make the Cell in Editable mode.
  8. Typed in the character entered
  9. Column Delete functionality.
  10. Row Delete functionality.
  11. Select Entire column and then delete Column Data
  12. Select Entire row and then delete Row Data.

thx.

Irfan.

Hi Irfan,

Thanks for your reply. First thing is I need Window grid as I am working on a desktop application. Are Window and Web grid included in the package you offered me yesterday? Also, Could you please confirm if all of the features that supported in Web (mentioned in your replies) are supported in Window grid as well?

I thought you are more interested it GridWeb than GridDesktop. Yes Aspose.Grid package includes both GridWeb and GridDesktop controls. Well, mostly features are supported in GridDesktop control.

github.com

aspose-cells/Aspose.Cells-for-.NET/blob/master/Examples_GridWeb/GridWeb.Net4/CSharp/Cells/SetAutoFilter.aspx.cs

using System;
using System.Linq;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.UI;

{
    public partial class SetAutoFilter : System.Web.UI.Page
    {
        {
            {
                InitGridWeb();
            }
        }

github.com

aspose-cells/Aspose.Cells-for-.NET/blob/master/Examples_GridWeb/GridWeb.Net4/CSharp/Cells/SetCustomFilter.aspx.cs

using System;
using System.Linq;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.UI;

{
    public partial class SetCustomFilter : System.Web.UI.Page
    {
        {
            {
                InitGridWeb();
            }
        }

Please find attached Custom Filter Example file. In this file when you play with filters, you see how data get filtered. I need such functionality in grid.

Sorry, Filters are not supported in GridDesktop, we will support it in our future versions.

I tried my hands on Window grid and it worked as soon as we hit Enter, no need to click Submit or Save. Could you please confirm?

Yes for GridDesktop it works but for GridWeb you have to click Save/Submit button.

Also, I have a few more queries. I have checked with Aspos.Grid.Desktop.Grid.Features, just to confirm.

To add New column.

YES.

1. To add New row. …YES
  2. Data should be editable in grid. …YES
  3. Grid’s Cells’ contents should be editable same as in Excel. On Double Click, User should be able to make changes character by character in the cell. On Single Click, whole contents of Cell are overwritten. …YES
  4. Multiple selections of cells should be there even if they are editable. F2 should be used to make them editable. …YES
  5. By Default, grid will be in such a mode that navigating the grid should select an entire Cell. Now, Now the selected cell should be Editable, to make the cell editable, we have two options. 1. User presses F2 2. Right Clicks on the Cell and click on menu item Edit. After making changes in the cell, user hits Enter and it will be again in Entire Cell Selection mode, same as in Excel. …YES
  6. When grid’s cell is in Entire Cell Selection mode and user presses a character, it should perform 2 functions
  7. Make the Cell in Editable mode.
  8. Typed in the character entered …YES
  9. Column Delete functionality. …YES
  10. Row Delete functionality. …YES
  11. Select Entire column and then delete Column Data …YES
  12. Select Entire row and then delete Row Data. …YES

Thank you.

Hi,

Only one thing my client is concerned about is Undo and Redo. As mentioned, one of my developers talked to your guys and he said Undo functionality works in grid but not Redo.

Could you please confirm this point as it is very-important .

thx.

M.Irfan.

Hi,

Well Undo functionality is available in GridWeb (Aspose.Grid.Web), we will check if we can implement this feature for Aspose.Grid.Desktop soon.

Thank you.

Hi ,

Request you to kindly provide us an early update.

thx.

IRfan.

Hi,

Currently Undo and Redo features is not supported in Aspose.Grid.Desktop yet. We will work on Undo feature in Aspose.Grid.Desktop. It may take about a month to implement it.

We will get back to you as soon as we finish it. Thanks for your patience.

Thank you.

Could you please confirm if following functionality is available in Desktop grid.

1. Search functionality
  2. Can we add a drop down column in grid?
  3. Is Parent-Child Relationship (like tree) possible between rows of a grid, as shown in attached document?

Kindly reply back as soon as possible.

thx.

M.Irfan.

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

1. Search functionality

— No, this feature is not supported yet. We will support it in future versions.

1. Can we add a drop down column in grid?

— Not very clear about your need. Aspose.Grid.desktop supports to add ComboBox control to a column. This means user can select Combobox drop down list instead of type in characters to the column’s cells. Please refer to:

Will this come to your needs?

1. Is Parent-Child Relationship (like tree) possible between rows of a grid, as shown in attached document?

— No

Thank you.