Custom shapes not plotting

Hello,

I seem to be having troubles plotting custom shapes. I’ve created my custom Master and I load it into Aspose. Aspose seems to plot the shape but I cannot see it when viewing the floor plan.

Could you please tell me if I am missing something in my shape?InvisibleShape.zip (9.8 KB)

@ShaunParadigm,
When we opened your source VSSX in the Microsoft Visio 2013, it shows an error message (snapshot). Kindly let us know how you are generating this stencil file and in which format you are saving the drawing output.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

Hi Imran,

I’ve attached the stencil in VSS format instead. Hopefully this one will work. InvisibleShapeVSS.zip (6.5 KB)

It’s a simple rectangle shape with no background fill and 2 connector points in the bottom right and the bottom left. I manually created it in Visio 2013 and saved it to both VSSX and VSS.

Let me know if it’s still giving issues. Thanks.

@ShaunParadigm,
We have tested your source VSS with the latest version 17.7 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API and it works fine. Please try the following code example to add shape to the Visio drawing: Adding a New Shape in Visio

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

Hi Imran,

I cannot get the shape to display on my floor plan. Please see my basic plot source code below. Would you mind running this on your side and seeing if it works. If not could you please send me the code you used to get it to plot:

string stencil = @"C:\Stencil.vss";
        string floorPlan = @"C:\Floorplan.vsdm";
        Diagram diagram = new Diagram(floorPlan);
        diagram.AddMaster(stencil, "InvisibleShape");
        long shapeId = diagram.AddShape(1, 1, "InvisibleShape", 0);
        diagram.Save(stencil, SaveFileFormat.VSDM);

I tested it on version 17.7.

Thanks,
Shaun.

@ShaunParadigm,
Kindly send us your VSDM drawing to investigate the actual scenario. We have created a new drawing and saved into the VSDM format. This is the output VSDM: FloorplanVSDM.zip (8.7 KB)

Source code [C#]

string stencil = @"C:\Diagram\test2153\InvisibleShapeVSS\InvisibleShape.vss";
string floorPlan = @"C:\Diagram\test2153\InvisibleShapeVSS\Floorplan.vsdm";
Diagram diagram = new Diagram();
diagram.AddMaster(stencil, "InvisibleShape");
long shapeId = diagram.AddShape(1, 1, "InvisibleShape", 0);
diagram.Save(floorPlan, SaveFileFormat.VSDM);

Hi Imran,

This is after plotting using the above code from my side: Floorplan.zip (91.5 KB)

I used Aspose 17.7

@ShaunParadigm,
We need to further investigate your scenario because it appears as an environment specific problem. Kindly prepare a small project, which reproduces this problem in your environment, and then send us a Zip of this project. Please also send your environment details, e.g. Operating System name and edition, local language settings, and anything else which you think is necessary to replicate the problem in any other computer.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique