Customize format for Word Changes Tracking

I am using Aspose Words and Aspose PDF in order to generate PDFs from Word documents. But I do not know how to define programatically (C#) or otherwise a format for the Revisions of the document, as I do it in Word through “Change Tracking Options…”
My objective is to generate PDF documents with the following configuration:

Insertions: (none)
Deletions: Hidden
Changed lines: Outside border. Color: Black.

I have tried to customize this configuration in Microsoft Word itself, but the resultant PDF ignores this settings, as I explain in the attached image.
I’ve read “Tracked Changes API, Interruption Handling and Numerous Other Improvements in Aspose.Words 11.6.0” but there is not enough information about what I need.
¿Is there some way to define formats for Change Tracking, either programmatically or otherwise?
Thank you very much.
Best regards.

Hi Santiago,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Santiago:
I am using Aspose Words and Aspose PDF in order to generate PDFs from Word documents. But I do not know how to define programatically (C#) or otherwise a format for the Revisions of the document, as I do it in Word through “Change Tracking Options…”
My objective is to generate PDF documents with the following configuration:

Insertions: (none)
Deletions: Hidden
Changed lines: Outside border. Color: Black.
I have logged your requirement in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-10111. Your thread has been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is supported. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Santiago:
I have tried to customize this configuration in Microsoft Word itself, but the resultant PDF ignores this settings, as I explain in the attached image.
I’ve read “Tracked Changes API, Interruption Handling and Numerous Other Improvements in Aspose.Words 11.6.0” but there is not enough information about what I need.
¿Is there some way to define formats for Change Tracking, either programmatically or otherwise?

Aspose.Words currently provides a few options that you can use to change colors of revisions. Please see RevisionOptions Class. Could you please attach your sample Word document you’re getting this problem with here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Thank you for your quick response.
I attached the sample document used for the problem description, but it happens in all my documents with revisions.

Aspose.Words currently provides a few options that you can use to change colors of revisions. Please see RevisionOptions Class.

After your response, I applied changes in “RevisionOptions” through the properties “DeletedTextColor”, “InsertedTextColor”, “RevisedPropertiesColor”, “RevisionBarsColor”, “RevisionBarsWidth” and I see my color customizations in the resulting document. But those properties do not allow me to apply “Hide” to the Deletions; neither “None” to the insertions. Only change colors.
How could I apply “Hide” instead of “Strakethrough”, and “(none)” instead of “Underlined”?
Is it supposed to take this settings from the local MS Word?
Thank you very much.

I want to share how I reached the described behaviour:

private static void SetChangeTrackingFormat(Aspose.Words.Document pdfDocument)
{
    Aspose.Words.Layout.RevisionOptions ro = pdfDocument.LayoutOptions.RevisionOptions;
    ro.RevisionBarsColor = Aspose.Words.Layout.RevisionColor.Black;
    ro.RevisionBarsWidth = 1;
    ro.InsertedTextColor = Aspose.Words.Layout.RevisionColor.NoHighlight;
    ro.RevisedPropertiesColor = Aspose.Words.Layout.RevisionColor.NoHighlight;
    foreach (Aspose.Words.Revision revision in pdfDocument.Revisions)
    {
        if (revision.RevisionType.Equals(Aspose.Words.RevisionType.Deletion))
        {
            revision.ParentNode.Remove();
        }
    }
}

Thank you for your help.
Best regards.

Hi Santiago,

Thanks for the additional information. Aspose.Words currently renders revision marks in Pdf document e.g. deletions revisions are crossed out and insertion revisions are underlined and coloured red. We will consider preserving Advanced Track Changes Options during rendering to PDF in future. We have logged a new issue (WORDSNET-10116) to address this problem and will inform you as soon as it is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Santiago,

By default, insertion revisions are underlined and coloured red in PDF. However, if you don’t want this formatting on “Insertions” in PDF, please use the following code:

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + @"input.docx");
doc.LayoutOptions.RevisionOptions.InsertedTextColor = RevisionColor.NoHighlight;
doc.Save(MyDir + @"out.pdf");

Similarly, color of revision bars can be changed by using RevisionOptions.RevisionBarsColor e.g:

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + @"input.docx");
doc.LayoutOptions.RevisionOptions.RevisionBarsColor = RevisionColor.Yellow;
doc.Save(MyDir + @"out.pdf");

Rest assured, we will inform you via this thread as soon as the linked issues are resolved.

Best regards,

Hello,

Do you have any news about this bug ? Where can I find information about it ?

The persistance of Advanced Track Changes is lost in our case.

Best Regards.

S. Moinard.

Hi Stéphane,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, these issues are not resolved yet. The implementations of these issues have been postponed till a later date. We will inform you via this thread as soon as these issues are resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hello,

do you have an idea about a timeframe for this?

Thanks,
Walter

Hi Walter,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, these issues are not resolved yet. We have asked the ETA of these issues from our product team and will update you as soon as any estimates are available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hello,

any update on this issue?

Regards,
Walter

Hi Walter,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, these issues are still not resolved and there are no estimates either. The implementations of these issues have been postponed till a later date. We will inform you via this thread as soon as these issues are resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,