We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Danish character does not render correctly in output PDF using .NET

I have a problem when saving to PDF using Aspse.Words for .NET.

Everything works fine, except one character - the Danish character “å”, gets converted to “a” when saving to PDF.

I am using a custom font, and have made sure it is correctly installed. The character “å” works fine when opening the Word document on the same machine.

Can someone help?

I have attached Word document, the font in question and the output PDF where you can see the problem.

Saved to PDF.zip (81.5 KB)

@Skurkendk

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-20080 . You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir

I am very glad for you quick reply.

Is it in any way possible for you to say anything about how long it will take before you resolve this issue. We have a solution that we can not bring to market as long as this issue is not resolved.

Have a nice day.

/ Anders

@Skurkendk

We try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. We work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once we complete the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-20080) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.4 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.4 update.