Dashed lines on PDF changing after PDF has stamp applied

We make PDFs from AutoCAD drawings and as they go through their approval lifecycle, use Aspose.PDF to stamp them.

We have noticed a problem that some of the phantom/shadow lines (dashed lines) in the PDFs are changed during the stamping process, i.e. the output is different than the input. The stamp does not get near the lines.

I am attaching the input PDF (Linetest.pdf), and the ouput, stamped PDF (Linetest_stamp.pdf). For the lines that are changing, the linetype scale is getting smaller, and sometimes darker. Sometimes the dashes are so small and so close together they appear to be a solid line.

Referencing the output PDF (Linetest_stamp.pdf), all the lines in the leftmost figure change from input to output. In the middle figure, all the line except the center lines (the ones dissecting the circles) change. In the rightmost figure, none of the lines change. They are all center lines.

The uploaded file was stamped using Aspose.PDF 10.3.

Just to be clear: all the lines in question are dashed lines. The solid lines are fine.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have viewed your both files in Adobe Acrobat XI/Reader and unable to notice any difference. If you are using some different Pdf Viewer then please check it Adobe Acrobat and confirm the result, as It could be the difference how different PDF Viewer transform PDF documents. If issue persist then please share some more details/screen shots to replicate it at our end.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Tilal,
You are right. It is the Adobe printer that creates the PDF file causing the problem.
Sorry to have bothered you.
Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your feedback. It is good to know that you are able to find issue reason and you may address it accordingly.

Please keep using our API and feel free to contact us for any query or concern, we will be more than happy to extend our support.

Best Regards,