Data extraction issue

Hi Team,

We are trying to use ASPOSE in our project but having issues recognizing/extracting data from the attached image. I am using ASPOSE OCR engine for .NET, all I get back is some bunch of non-text characters. I tried all the options from your example code but no luck. Can you please check this on your end and let us know if ASPOSE can work for similar images.

Thanks,
Hi Sarat,

Thank you for your inquiry and sharing sample.

This is to update you that Aspose.OCR APIs currently supports Arial, Times New Roman, Courier New, Tahoma, Calibri and Verdana in Regular, Bold and Italic styles with black text color and white background. Images with colorful background are not supported. Extracting data from table is also not supported.

Furthermore we have found that the image provided by you has DPI value i.e. 72. Please note that the current implementation of the Aspose.OCR APIs perform well with images having resolution of at least 300 DPI and the accuracy rate tends to decrease by decreasing the resolution.

The issues have already been logged into our system. The details of the issues are given below:

OCRNET-1340: OCR on low DPI images.
OCRNET-1053: OCR on colorful background.

Once any update is available on the above, we will share it with you via this forum thread.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.