Data loss - some tasks missing in time-line

Hi,

While converting certain MPPs into PDFs, I can see that tasks towards the end are not appearing in the time-sheet.

1. b4ubuild_sample_07.mpp : I can see that time-line ends at Jul 27, but many tasks (especially in the last ‘Foundation’ section like ‘Waterproofing and Drain Tile’, ‘Lumber Delivery’ etc) are missing in the time-line.

2. Sampleproject07.mpp : Time-line ends at Sep 20, but there are tasks after that (#63 to 70) that are missing.

This issue is appearing in many files, but am just attaching two samples. You may file a single bug and attach both samples inside in if it’s reproducible for you.

Thanks,
Rajiv
Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for sharing your concern with us.

I was able to reproduce this issue at my end using the latest version of Aspose.Tasks for Java 6.9.0 and have logged it as TASKS-33707 in our issue tracking system for further investigation by our development team. Once there is any information available in this regard, we'll update you here via this thread.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
Hi Rajiv,

We have analyzed this issue again and found that Project.TimescaleFinish is used by default. If you want to render the whole project, then SaveOptions.EndDate should be used as below:

Sample Code:

Project p = new Project("Sample.mpp");
SaveOptions o = new PdfSaveOptions();
// here we use original MSP start date in a view
o.StartDate = project.TimescaleStart;
// here we render all tasks in the project
o.EndDate = project.FinishDate;
p.Save("saved.pdf", o);

Hi Kashif,

Sorry for delay in getting back on this. The above code doesn’t quite solve the issue.

With setting the end-date, tasks towards end that were missing earlier are now coming, but some other tasks are still not appearing in the chart, e.g. task #8, #13 … am attaching output with above code.

We need to reopen the above bug. This is a serious issue.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

I have tested the sample file “Sampleproject07.mpp” and observed its Project information using MSP 2010. It can be seen in the attached image that project start date is July 25, 2009 where as the identified tasks are starting from June 29, 2009 and July 17, 2009 respectively. As Aspose uses information from MPP file that is why the above mentioned tasks are not present there in the GanttChartView.

Please feel free to write us back if you have more queries in this regard.

Oh I see … I didn’t know that we can set project start date to any date explicitly like this.

Thanks !

Regards,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

We are glad to know that your issue is resolved. Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.