Data Loss warning when converting docx with Chart

Test.docx (32.3 KB)

The following warning is received when trying to convert a docx with a Chart to TIF:

One or more unused StructuredDocumentTag placeholder blocks were removed from Document Glossary

We have tested this using the latest Aspose.Word 23.6, example file is attached

@philipcrossland The warning does not affect the document rendering. It simply informs that lost placeholders get removed by Aspose.Words, because their reference count is 0.

Is there a way to determine when a Data Loss warning can affect the rendering? The problem for us is we cannot ignore potential data loss in a document, but if this is only structure then shouldn’t it be reported as something else?

@philipcrossland Such warnings reports potential data loss in internal document structure. They are usable for debugging purposes. The warnings does not affect visual document representation.

@alexey.noskov in the example file, when converted the chart is removed completely from the document

@philipcrossland I cannot reproduce the problem. I have used the following simple code for testing:

Document doc = new Document(@"C:\Temp\in.docx");
doc.Save(@"C:\Temp\out.tif");

Here is the output produced on my side using the latest 23.6 version of Aspose.Words: out.zip (20.7 KB)