Data privacy

Does the library collect any data?
If yes, what data it collects and if it stores it?

@hussainahmadkhan,

I am not sure what you are looking for, please elaborate. Please note, to read, extract or manipulate barcode, it parses image to evaluate the barcodes on it. Moreover, to generate or render barcode, it creates the barcode (image) based on your provided code text, type and other attributes/settings. Please see and browse the Aspose.BarCode documentation for your complete reference.

Hi Amjad,

I am under the impression that Aspose.BarCode library needs an internet connection for license validation. And as library connects to the license server, what information it shares with it.

So the question becomes, does it require internet connectivity.
If yes, then what information it shares with its license server.
If it does not connect to any server, we are good.

@hussainahmadkhan,

If you are using/setting the license via filePath or streams (see the document on licensing for your reference), Aspose.BarCode does not require internet connection for license validation or authentication on the server. The Aspose (on premise) SDKs are offline and do not require internet connection.

Are you using metered licensing, if so, you may see the faqs for your reference.

Thanks for the quick response …
We plan to use ‘Developer OEM’ license in production, are reading .lic file from file system; so that works in offline mode I guess.

@hussainahmadkhan,

Yes, your understanding is correct. Please feel free to write us back if you have further queries or comments, we will be happy to assist you soon.

There is one sticking point as of now …
We are unable to optimize the scan time as we have to meet a bench mark - I have already opened a thread on it.
Can you get us in-touch with any technical person so we can sort that out quickly.
Or if you are the technical person, that would be great.
Many thanks