Data Tables for pivot chart

Hi Aspose,

I am trying to create a pivot chart that is based on a pivot table with a small data table
under the chart itself. (Please see the included picture.)

As far as I know to achieve this the ShowDataTable property must be set to True for the chart.
I was able to do this for “normal” charts (that are not based on pivot table but normal sheet data),
but not for pivot charts.

Could you please help me how to do this using the example solution I also included?
Something I probably doing wrong!

I also included the resulting excel sheet with the data table added manually using excel…

Thanks a lot,

Tamas

Hi Tamas,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

We have evaluated your presented scenario on our end, and unfortunately, we are unable to find a solution for your requirements while using Aspose.Cells APIs. Reason being, Aspose.Cells APIs provide means to generate Pivot Chart based on the Pivot Table data, but it does not provide the means to display the Pivot/Chart summary along with the chart. However, if you can elaborate further how you were able to achieve the goals using MS Excel application manually, we may try to mimic the functionality with Aspose.Cells APIs.

Hi Aspose team,

Thank you for your response.
Luckily, it is simple to add the data table using excel.
Just select the sheet with the pivot chart, select the ‘layout’ ribbon and
click on the data table icon. From the popup menu, choose
‘Show data table with legend key’ and that’s it.

I have included screenshot to demonstrate.
I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Tamas

Hi Tamas,

Thank you for providing further details for better elaboration.

We have logged an investigative ticket in our bug tracking system to look further into this matter. The ticket Id for your future reference is CELLSNET-42837. Please spare us little time to properly analyze the requirement on our end, and to provide a solution for it. We will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Hi Babar,

Thank you.
I am really curious what will you be able to find out regarding the issue.

Kind regards,

Tamas

Hi Tamas,

Thank you for writing back.

Unfortunately, the ticket logged earlier as CELLSNET-42837, is currently pending for analysis, and is in the queue with other tasks. However, we have recorded a note for the concerned development team member to schedule this ticket for investigation at earliest possible. As soon as we here any updates, we will post here for your kind reference.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.2.0.3 and let us know your feedback.

Hi, Shakeel, Babar,

I downloaded this new version of aspose cells and tested my test scenario again
and the data table is now displayed nicely.

Thank you for doing this, I am really happy!!! :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Tamas Vandorffy

Hi Tamas,

Thank you for the confirmation on this. Please feel free to contact us anytime if you need our further assistance with Aspose APIs.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42837) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.