Databar Expanded Stacked segment control

Hello,

I’ve been dealing with Databar Expanded Stacked barcode generation, and wether I’m able to create the code, I can’t figure out how to control the number of segments per row. I’m working in .NET Compact 3.5.

Also, when using this symbology, barcodes take forever to generate, like 4 or 5 seconds which is pretty more than other GS1 and/or 2D symbologies.
Thanks in advance.

@albert.ruiz,

Please share a sample project with us to demonstrate the issue. This will help us to observe the time issue. We will evaluate it at our end and update you with our findings.

@ikram.haq,
The following code produces the attached result. The problem is that I don’t want 4 rows but 2 rows instead, and I can’t find a way to parameterize this. Competitors have a property such as “segments per row” that determines how to distribute the code and I’m looking for the equivalent, or a way to get the same result. This is valid for both desktop and compact framework versions.
See the code below:

Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeBuilder b = new Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeBuilder();
        b.CodeText = "(02)04870050004091(10)150200011(17)170400(37)0120";
        b.SymbologyType = Aspose.BarCode.Symbology.DatabarExpandedStacked;
        b.Resolution = new Aspose.BarCode.Resolution(180, 180, Aspose.BarCode.ResolutionMode.Graphics);
        b.GraphicsUnit = GraphicsUnit.Pixel;
        b.xDimension = 3;
        b.Margins = new Aspose.BarCode.MarginsF(100, 100, 0, 0);
        pictureBox1.Image = b.GenerateBarCodeImage();

databar_expanded_stacked.jpg (27.2 KB)

@albert.ruiz,

Thank you for writing us back. Please share a sample of what you are expecting and reference of any competitor that have the required property. We will evaluate it, discuss it with our product team and will update you about the feedback in this forum thread.

@ikram.haq,

Find attached what I was suggesting. There is a “segments per row” parameter which allows to adjust the amount of information that the code will generate per each row. Please, see the impact in the code of switching this parameter: I started with a value of 4, giving the same output that I attached in my previous post. See how it affects by increasing the value to 6 and 8, respectively.

seg_per_row.jpg (1.4 KB)
seg_6.jpg (9.3 KB)
seg_8.jpg (8.1 KB)

@albert.ruiz,

Thank you for sharing details. The details logged into our system with ID BARCODENET-36687. Our product team will further look into it. We’ll update you here once there is some information or a fix version available in this regard.

@albert.ruiz,

The issue (BARCODENET-36687) has been fixed. Please download the latest version of Aspose.BarCode for .NET and try it at your end.

@ikram.haq,

Thank you for your efforts on this. Is there any documentation on what was implemented and how to use it? I can’t find anything related just inside the code. As a reminder, I am using the Compact Framework version. Thank you in advance.

@albert.ruiz,

Yes, the documentation is present on this top describing how this feature has been implemented. Please visit the link Generate BarCode With Segments Per Row for details. Please try it at your end and update us about your feedback.

@ikram.haq,

I’m sorry I don’t have access to that web site. Is there any other way to get that documentation? Thank you.

@albert.ruiz,

Please access the link in previous post. It is now accessible. We are sorry for the inconvenience.