DataLabels Truncation When Converting XLSX to PDF

Hi Team,

Cells Version : 21.6.0 (java)
JDK Version : 1.8.0_112

In the attachments DataLabels_Truncation_Issue_Input.xlsx file there is a chart with data, but the data labels are applied from the new data area created using some formula. This new data area is created in order to display the data labels when the height of the series fits the data label.

Using Cells 19.11.0 java jar version when the .xlsx file is converted to .pdf the data labels are completely visible in the generated pdf file.

But with latest cells jar 21.6.0 version the decimal value in the data label is missing in the generated pdf.
Actual data label --> 9.4
In pdf created with 21.6 --> 9. (here the decimal value after dot(.) that is 4 is missing)

Attaching the sample java code, excel sample used and the generated pdf files using both cells java jars (19.11.0 and 21.6.0)

Thanks,
Sanjeev
DataLabels_Truncation_Issue.zip (109.2 KB)

@sanjeevkumarambti,

I tested your scenario/ case using your template file and sample code with latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v21.7.x, it works fine, see the attached output file for your reference.
DataLabels_Truncation_Issue_Output_Using_Cells_Jar_21.7.2.pdf (56.1 KB)

I also noticed, the font of the data labels is “Aktiv Grotesk”. This font is not installed on my pc. I found the PDF file you shared (generated by Aspose.Cells for Java v19.11.0) is not using this font, so probably, the machine where you performed the task does not have the font “Aktiv Grotesk”. Similar is the case on my end, so Aspose.Cells uses replacement font(s). The PDF file generated by Aspose.Cells for Java v21.6 uses the font “Aktiv Grotesk” and consequently it truncates the labels’ decimal part.

Anyways, please zip and attach the font (.ttf file(s)) “Aktiv Grotesk”, so we could evaluate your issue further on our end.

Hi @Amjad_Sahi,

Please find the attched font(.ttf) files for Aktiv Grotesk.
AktivGrotesk_Font_TTF_Files.zip (1.7 MB)

Thanks,
Sanjeev

@sanjeevkumarambti,

Thanks for the font files.

Please notice, after an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your template Excel file. I found the decimal value in the data labels is missing in the generated PDF. We need to investigate your issue in details. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-43571” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@sanjeevkumarambti,

Please try the latest version aspose-cells-21.7.5-java.zip

Hi @Eric.wang

Tested the samples shared earlier using cells-java 21.7.5 jar but there is no difference observed. Still issue exists.

FYI, the JDK version we are using is : jdk1.8.0_121

Refer to the PDF sample generated using 21.7.5 jar version
DataLabels_Truncation_Issue_Output_Using_Cells_Jar_21.7.5.pdf (34.8 KB)

Thanks,
Sanjeev

@sanjeevkumarambti,

You are right. We found the issue not resolved in the new fix. We will look into it and get back to you soon.

Hi @Amjad_Sahi,

Its been almost a month and would like to know if there is any update on this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Sanjeev

@sanjeevkumarambti,

We are sorry that your issue is not resolved yet. Your issue is a bit complex so it requires more time to analyze/fix it. We have logged your concerns against your issue into our database. We will get back to you with latest updates or ETA on your issue. Hopefully it will be figured out soon.

@sanjeevkumarambti ,

Please try our latest version/fix aspose-cells-21.8.2-java.zip (7.4 MB)

Your issue should be fixed now.

Let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-43571) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi