DataMatrix BarCode Readable by 3.6.1.0 is not readable by 6.8

Hello Support, I’m struggling to get the correct settings in BarCodeReader so it will recognize the datamatrix barcode in the attached file. With the 3.6.1.0 dll of Aspose.BarCodeRecognition all I had to do was new BarCodeReader(stream, BarCodeReadType.DataMatrix) and it just worked.

That doesn’t work with 6.8 (and 6.6) so I’m guessing there are some new options I have to set. I have tried all of these.

// need to add these guys because the current version of Aspose is
// having problems with DataMatrix reads
var reader1 = new BarCodeReader(stream, BarCodeReadType.DataMatrix)
{
ImageBinarizationHints = RecognitionHints.ImageBinarization.MedianSmoothing,
OrientationHints = RecognitionHints.Orientation.NoRotate
};

var reader2 = new BarCodeReader(stream, BarCodeReadType.DataMatrix)
{
OrientationHints = RecognitionHints.Orientation.Rotate90
};

var reader3 = new BarCodeReader(stream, BarCodeReadType.DataMatrix)
{
OrientationHints = RecognitionHints.Orientation.Rotate180
};

var reader4 = new BarCodeReader(stream, BarCodeReadType.DataMatrix)
{
OrientationHints = RecognitionHints.Orientation.Rotate270
};

Can you help let me know what I am missing

Hi

Thank you for contacting support. We tested your sample PDF document against the latest builds of Aspose.BarCode 6.8.0 and Aspose.Pdf 10.3.0 and managed to replicate the problem of recognition failure. We have logged this issue under ticket id BARCODENET-34166 in our issue tracking system. Your post has also been linked to this issue. We’ll let you know once a significant progress has been made in this regard. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id BARCODENET-34166 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.BarCode for .NET 7.3.0. We'll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-34166) have been fixed in Aspose.BarCode for .NET 7.3.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan