Datamatrix barcode value embedded leading space

The attached image of a Datamatrix barcode is returning the value

Note the leading space before the 2. Seems like a bug, unless I am misunderstanding something about the nature of the datamatrix barcode.

barcode_rasterized_alt.png.trimmed.png (291 Bytes)

@sferda,

Thanks for the barcode image.

After an initial test, I was able to notice the issue as you mentioned by using your barcode image. I found Datamatrix barcode value has leading space in code text.

But we need to evaluate your issue in detail. We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): BARCODENET-38970

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Aspose.Barcode recognizes current DataMatrix with value (with leading space before 2):
" 21111231"

Other engines recognizes current DataMatrix with the same value. DataMatrix is a part of the family of 2D barcodes and uses Reed–Solomon error correction. In most cases it cannot be read incorrectly (unlike 1D barcodes).

We can read incorrect 2D barcodes only with AllowIncorrectBarcodes option enabled.

Raw decoding values are:

According to DataMatrix specification:
33 → " "
151 → 151 - 130 → 21
141 → 141 - 130 → 11

This is good investigation. I appreciate it. I am not familiar with the inner workings of the Datamatrix standard, so this looked like a bug. Again, I really appreciate the effort.

@sferda,

You are welcome. And, yes, this is due to Datamatrix specifications.