DataMatrix: fixed height and width

Hello Aspose Team,

We are currently using version 1.9 of Aspose.Barcode in our group to generate barcodes. However, we were facing problems with the DataMatrix barcodes generated by this version. At the moment, I’m testing the DataMatrix barcodes generated by the more current version 5.5. The barcodes generated are completely fine, however, the size of the barcode depends on the encoded data. For example, the barcode size differs between “12406, Blut, Heparin” and “14963, E.coli”.

The system in our laboratory can only read DataMarix Barcodes with a fixed height and width. I tried changing the value for the autosize option (true or false) in the plugin but nothing changed. We are using MS SQL 2008 R2 64bit on an MS 2008 R2 enterprise server.

I have also tried an external program (Zint Barcode Studio) for the generation of barcodes and here the barcodes always have the same size and only the density is changing.

The decision to buy the new version depends on whether we can obtain barcodes with a fixed size since it would otherwise be useless to us.

Best regards,

Maik

Hi Maik,

Thanks for your inquiry. I’m sorry to share with you that you cannot fix the bar code image height / width. It is not supported. The problem occurs because Aspose.BarCode for SSRS 5.5.0 does not support custom bar code width. I have logged a new feature request under ticket id BARCODREP-33138 in our issue tracking system. We will let you know once it is supported and available for the public use. We’re sorry for your inconvenience.

As a workaround, you can use Aspose.BarCode for .NET library as custom dll because you can fix the bar code image height / width using Aspose.BarCode for .NET product. Please visit the documentation link here:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/barcodenet/Generate+Barcode+Using+Custom+Width+Support

Please let me know in case of further assistance and comments.

Hi Maik,

It is to update you that I have created an helping article for your reference. You can find this article here. Second, we have fixed a minor issue in the GetOnlyBarCodeImage method under ticket id BARCODREP-33138 because sometimes white line was around the bar code. The issue id BARCODREP-33138 has now been resolved and its fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.BarCode for SSRS (5.6.0). Which is expected to be released after one or two weeks. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

PS: We have logged another issue under ticket id BARCODREP-33139 in our issue tracking system. It is to adjust the bar code size with Aspose.BarCode for SSRS libraries.

Please let me in case of further assistance and comments.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODREP-33138) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.