Datamatrix representation for java

Hello,

Your package gives a representation of the value 7000-1 that differs (2 bits) on the representation returned by several other packages/online generators. For other values (ie 1-1) the returned datamatrix is the same for all the packages.

Regards,

Juan M

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Could you provide some details about the Code Text that you used to generate this barcode. Any sample code would be helpful for our analysis. We will look into this issue and fix it ASAP.

Hi,

BarCodeBuilder b = new BarCodeBuilder();

b.setSymbology(Symbology.DATAMATRIX);

b.setCodeText("7000-1");

b.setDataMatrixMode(DataMatrixMode.AUTO);

try {

b.save("h:\\70001.jpg");

} catch (Exception e) {

}

I've tried to decode both datamatrix, so far only the aspose package recognizes the aspose version of the code, conversely the aspose decoder doesn't read the 'common' version. Again it works fine when the encoded value is 1-1.

try {

BarCodeReader bc = new BarCodeReader(Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getImage("h:\\70001.jpg));

bc.setSymbology(Symbology.DATAMATRIX);

BarCodeInfo bci[] = bc.read();

for(int i = 0; i < bci.length; i++){

BarCodeInfo asd = bci[i];

text.setText(asd.getCodeText());

}

} catch (Excecptionle e) {

}

Regards,

Juan M

Hi Juan,

I just generated a barcode from another vendor (http://demo.barcodelib.com/DataMatrixWebStreamDemo.aspx) for 7000-1. There is a 1 bit difference in image as you specified. But the Aspose for java and .NET editions can decode it back to 7000-1 Data Matrix.

The sample image which is generated from the above URL is attached. Could you please post some sample image that is generated from another vendor, so that we can test it.

Hi,

Try with this one. It can't be decoded but after some testing I 've found that size matters and the image is just too big. The problem is not about dot size, another value encoded on a 10dot * 10dot datamatrix same dot size works fine.

Regards,

Juan M

Hi,

I will discuss it with the development team and will respond to you shortly. Can you send some more samples for out tests, both success and failure cases.

Hi,

The datamatrix on the previous post can't be decoded because it is too big. This one shares dot size but it is smaller (10*10 instead of 12*12) and can be decoded. And in the next post a big image that works. The problem is only with big codes, not with big images.

Regards,

Juan M

And the big image that works.