Date column not sorted correctly

Hello,

I have an excel file with a date column for which sorting doesn’t work. I followed the example here when creating my own application.

When I open excel manually and click the sort button it works. When I programmatically change the format to numbers and sort it works. Therefore it seems to be connected to the formatting as date. It doesn’t matter which kind of date formatting (YYYY-MM-DD or DD.MM.YYYY) I use, the issue persists. My Excel version is 2013.

My code:

var workbook = new Workbook(Path.Combine(path, "LayoutTestData.xlsx"));

var sorter = workbook.DataSorter;

sorter.Order1 = SortOrder.Descending;
sorter.Key1 = 0;
sorter.Order2 = SortOrder.Ascending;
sorter.Key2 = 1;
var ca = new CellArea
                 {
                     StartRow = 0,
                     StartColumn = 0,
                     EndRow = 20,
                     EndColumn = 2
                 };
sorter.Sort(workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells, ca);
workbook.Save(Path.Combine(path,"LayoutTestData.xlsx"));

The file:
LayoutTestData.zip (6.9 KB)

Thank you for your support and best regards
Stephan

@Djeramon,

Thanks for the template file and sample code.

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code with your template file. I found that Date column is not sorted correctly as you pointed out.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45688” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@Djeramon

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-45688 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

@Djeramon,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version)

Your issue “CELLSNET-45688” should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45688) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.