Date validator in aspose pdf 20.1v

Hi Team,
We have a need to validate user-entered DATE formats in Aspose-generated PDFs (version 20.1) using java 17. We must validate for various date formats such as DD-MMM-yyyy, dd-mm-yyyy, and -mm-yyyy. I attempted to use JavaScriptAction with the standard function “AFDate_FormatEx,” but it appears to only validate a single date format. I tried using custom functions, but seems like not working, Please clarify us if this is achievable , if so how can we do this.

Thanks

@sarvanan0506
In the future version 23.11 there will be significant changes related to this and most likely your problem will be solved in this version.

@sarvanan0506
I looked - for specifiers with capital letters (DD-MMM-yyyy is indicated in your question) it will not work even with the edits made. Is this a valid specifier - can you provide a link to the specification or attach a document with such a date specifier?

@sergei.shibanov , thanks for the update and clarification, it will be really helpful if we have an option to validate with multiple date formats. will lookforward for that.

below are the format’s, i was looking for
dd-MM-yyyy / MM-dd-yyyy / dd-MMM-yyyy / --yyyy / -MM-yyyy / etc

above caps is a typo error.

Between, do we have an option of date picker for now ?

Thanks

@sarvanan0506
The implementation at the moment (for version 23.10) has errors. These have been corrected and should work in version 23.11 for all date specification options you specified. There is currently no support for format substrings “mmm” and “mmmm” (for values like “Jan”,“January” etc) and capital letters in the specifier are not supported (they will be treated as regular characters).