Dcoument updateFields does not update INCLUDETEXT field with error of unknown protocol: d

Hi,

After DocumentBuilder insert the below field into document:

INCLUDETEXT "D:\temp\ref\includeddoc.doc" * MERGEFORMAT

and then call document updateFields method, it report the error:

java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: d
at java.net.URL.(URL.java:609)
at java.net.URL.(URL.java:499)
at java.net.URL.(URL.java:448)
at asposewobfuscated.sf.(Uri.java:12)
at com.aspose.words.nh.EN(FieldIncludeText.java:20)
at com.aspose.words.Field.a(Field.java:400)
at com.aspose.words.oo.a(FieldUpdater.java:144)
at com.aspose.words.oo.l(FieldUpdater.java:101)
at com.aspose.words.ol.execute(FieldUpdateExecutionItem.java:81)
at com.aspose.words.oo.gZ(FieldUpdater.java:91)
at com.aspose.words.oo.updateFields(FieldUpdater.java:51)
at com.aspose.words.Range.updateFields(Range.java:171)
at com.aspose.words.Document.updateFields(Document.java:971)

So, what should the correct URL be insert into document field? How can I fix this issue?

Thanks.

Hello
Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

Well. Please give the URL of this issue.

Thanks & regards.

Hello
Thanks for your request. There is no way to view our defect database. It is for internal use only. If you would like track this thread please click «Enable Email Subscription» on the top of this thread. When we will fix this issue we will post the notification message in this thread and you will get e-mail notification.
Best regards,

Can I get the estimation?

Thanks.

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. Unformatunately this issue is in process of analyze. Unfortunately, I cannot give you any estimate at the moment. Our developers will analyze the issue and then we will be able to provide you more information.
Best regards,

Hi,
We found this to be not a bug. Double slashes are required by MS Word and by Java, therefore you need to put in your code this:
D:\\temp\\ref\\includeddoc.doc

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 27464) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The latest version Aspose Word for Java has fixed this issue. It means I can use:

D:\temp\ref\includeddoc.doc

That is right?

Thanks.

Hi
Thanks for your request. You should use code like the following:
builder.insertField(“INCLUDETEXT C:\\Temp\\in.doc”);
Best regards,

Thank for your clarification.

Aspose 10.1.0 is GA version? Is it stable enough?

Thanks.

Hi there,
Thanks for your inquiry.
Yes the latest release is stable, please feel free to use it in production environment.
Thanks,

Hi,

I just want to double confirm there is any GA version we can use it in product? 10.1.0 is a GA version?

Thank you.

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. Yes the latest release is stable, please feel free to use it in production environment. You can download the latest version from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/java/
10.1.0 is also stable.
Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan