Decompress, Unzip Huge Archives with File Size up to 100+GB

In order to work on one of our project needs, we need to decompress zip file of size upto 100 GB. Could you please specify, can Aspose.zip decompress/ operate on such large files or could you please specify the maximum possible readable compressed file size?

@meenal

Aspose.ZIP does not has any file size limitation. Please note that if you decompress/compress huge size documents, more memory would be required.

@meenal,

We do not have any restrictions on file size. We have tested files up to 10 GB some time ago and the process ran smoothly.

However, we will test such a huge files in various cases and let you know about time, memory and any concerns if happen as soon as possible.

@meenal,

It is to update you that most of our tests on huge archives went well but we have found a bug i.e. the extraction of huge .zip archive currently fails only if there are several entries and compressed size of first entry is above 4 GB. We will fix this issue in future releases of Aspose.ZIP for .NET API. The ID of this issue is ZIPNET-392. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of linked issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks for the update.

While I am trying to read a zip file of size 17 GB, I receive this error message: ‘Signature of local file header does not match’. I have checked this file is not corrupt and I am able to decompress this file using 7z utility.

@meenal,

Thanks for the additional information. This is exactly what we have fixed as per linked issue ZIPNET-392. We will inform you via this thread as soon as next release of Aspose.ZIP for .NET containing the fix of ZIPNET-392 will be released within next couple of weeks.

@meenal,

The issue you have found earlier (filed as ZIPNET-392) has been fixed in this Aspose.ZIP for .NET 19.8 update.

So, please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.ZIP for .NET. Hope, this helps.