Default activated cell in Aspose.Cells.GridWeb for .NET on IE

Hi Aspose team,

I have some problem with gridweb default selected cell on IE . When i first init the gridweb page, i found there is a cell default selected. However, i cannot type anything until i click the cell again with mouse. Could I type text in the default selected cell without mouse click?
And the same flow work fine on chrome, what should i need to do if i want this work on others browser (e.g. IE and firefox)

Regards,
Andy

I am using aspose-cell version 18.7, thanks.

@andy2018,

Thanks for the details.

I think you may cope with it (that should also work fine on IE and FireFox browser types) by activating your desired cell in the sheet, see the following sample code segment for your reference:
e.g
Sample code:

GridWorksheetCollection gridWorksheetCollection = gridweb.getWorkSheets();
GridCells gridCells = gridWorksheetCollection.get(gridWorksheetCollection.getActiveSheetIndex()).getCells();
GridCell cell = gridCells.get("A1");
gridweb.setActiveCell(cell);

Hope, this helps a bit.

Hi Amjad_Sahi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried but it seems only work on Chrome but failed in IE and firefox.
I have searched others similar topic from this site and found that it may have codes change on acwmain.js.
Do i need to do so?

Regards,
Andy

@andy2018,

Please try our latest version/fix (e.g Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v18.12.x) with latest resource files.

If you still find the issue, kindly let us know, we will check it soon.

Hi Amjad_Sahi,

I have tried the latest version and but the same issue is found on IE and firefox, please advise.

@andy2018,

We did test your scenario/ case on different machines and still we could not find the issue (where on firefox and IE browser types, it works seamlessly, we can directly add/update data/ value in the cell and we don’t have to click the cell again with mouse). May be you have to clear cache or you are using older IE browser type. For your information, we conducted tests on Google chrome, FireFox and IE (e.g 10) browser types and it works fine on all browser types. We have now prepared demos using latest Aspose.Cells.GridWeb (Java) with its resource files in an archive, i.e., .WAR file for your reference. Please find it attached for your test and reference. You may import the .war file into an eclipse IDE and test samples/demos, it should work fine on your end too for all browser types. You may open/run the “index.jsp” file (after extracting the demos to your eclipse project) and execute your desired samples/demos accordingly.

Let us know if you still have any issue.

gridwebdemo.latest1.zip (8.5 MB)