Default ContinuosSectionRestart Enum Value & Associated MS Word Versions

Hello,
regarding the new property, the documentation does not specify which enum value is the default one.

LayoutOptions.ContinuousSectionPageNumberingRestart Property
It says this, but there is no reference to the two enum values:

The default behavior matches the latest MS Word version. Older page numbering logic demonstrated by MS Word 2016 is available via this option.

Also the enum documentation does not specify which is default and which is MS Word 2016 behavior:
ContinuosSectionRestart Enumeration

Please, can you make it more explicit?

Moreover there’s no reference to versions prior to MS Word 2016: what behavior did they have?

Thanks!

@agarberi,

The default value of LayoutOptions.ContinuousSectionPageNumberingRestart property is Always which will produce an output similar to what MS Word 2019 would have produced. If you want Aspose.Words to mimic the behavior of MS Word 2016 or older, then please set value to FromNewPageOnly. For your case, the following code will produce the desired output:

Document doc = new Document("C:\\aspose wrong page numbering\\Test Doc_26042021.docx");
doc.Save("C:\\aspose wrong page numbering\\21.6.pdf");

@awais.hafeez

Thank you for the information about the default value.

For your case, the following code will produce the desired output:

I’m not the person who created the thread, so that is not my case!

I simply asked to add to the documentation:

• which is the default enum value
  • what Word versions are associated with the two enum values

Thanks!

@agarberi,

We will update relevant sections of API Reference guide soon. Your ticket number is WORDSNET-22435 and we will keep you posted here on any further updates.

@awais.hafeez

OK, thank you!

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-22435) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.9 update.