Define a dictionary

Hello,

Does Aspose OCR for Java support a dictionary with predefined words?

Best regards, Evgeniy

Hi Evgeniy,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This is to update you that you can define White-list settings. “Whitelist” is a property of the OCRConfig class that allows specifying the recognition characters (in other words – restricted recognition characters). For details on how white list settings works, please visit the link [setting the White-list].

Hi Ikram,

I do not need to define the white list of symbols, but I want to define a set of widespread words of my documents.
Sample, I have a form where the company names and contact are known beforehand.
For example, the documents can contain “ABC2Germ Incorp.”.
After recognition I see “ABCGorm Ineorp” and if the dictionary has a word which is close to the recognized one it must be replaced automatically by Aspose engine.
The same feature already exists in Asprise OCR.

Best regards, Evgeniy

Hi Evgeniy,

Thank you for writing us back.

This is to update you that the feature you are looking for is not available. A feature request to define a dictionary of words has been logged into our system with ID OCRJAVA-750. Our product team will look into it and provide feedback. We will update you with the feedback in this forum thread.

Furthermore you can provide setting to OcrEngine to automatically correct spellings. Please visit the link for details on how to set auto correct spellings.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.