Delete an email on pop3 server

I try to delete an email on pop3 Server in the simple way using the uniqueid (same as to fetch it). It does not work. After I run my code, I cannot connect the Client again. I read in the documentation, that the email is actually deleted after the session has become the state ‘update’. What does it mean? How can I wait for that? What am I doing wrong? I did not find examples or description.

This is my VB- Code:

private sub DeleteMessagePop3(serveruid as string)

Dim AsposePOP As Aspose.Email.Clients.Pop3.Pop3Client = CurrentMailInClient()
 AsposePOP.DeleteMessage(serveruid )

end Sub

Thanks for efforts, guenter

@sdsaug,

I have observed your comments and request you to please try using latest Aspose.Email for .NET 19.7 on your end by sample codes given over this documentation section link. If there is still an issue then please provide a sample project reproducing the issue on your end along with test account.

asposedeletemail.zip (3.4 MB)

Hi, you will find a simple example in the attechment. Thanks for your efforts.

@sdsaug

I have worked with the sample file shared and have been able to observe the issue. An issue with ID EMAILNET-39547 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once issue will be fixed.

@sdsaug,

I suggest you to please invoke CommitDeletes() method after completion of selected deletes. I suggest you to please add following snippet in your application after deletion.

AsposePOP.DeleteMessage(suid)
            AsposePOP.CommitDeletes()