DeleteColumn throwing Invalid Column Name

Hi Guys,

I have this workbook with multiple worksheets, and after writing each worksheet I am copying that worksheet into its own file by itself. So I have 1 workbook with 20 sheets + 20 workbooks of 1 sheet each. After writing all worksheets, i open them all up one by one (only the ones with 1 sheet) to delete a couple of columns in each of these files. I am not deleting the columns while writing initially, because i want the 2 columns in the ALL workbook (the one with 20 sheets), but dont want them in the 20 other workbooks. But when i open an xlsx file and call DeleteColumn method, i get an 'Invalid Column Name' error. I havent been able to figure this out or how to fix this. Please help me.

Thanks,

Sreejith

Hi,

Please try our latest version 7.0.3:

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry342530.aspx

If you still find the issue, kindly create a simple console demo application with v7.0.3, zip it and post it here, we will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

Thank you Amjad for the quick response. I installed v7.0.3, but i still get that issue. The skeleton of the code is like this -

Xcel.OpenTemplate("Sheet1") 'Open blank worksheet

Xcel.WriteIntoCell("A1 to H1") 'Write values into blanksheet. 'If i do Xcel.DeleteColumn(2) here, it works, but doesnt work below.

Xcel.CopySheetToNewWorkBook(strNewFileName) 'Copy this sheet to a new workbook (this saves to a new file)

Xcel.ProtectWorkSheet()

Xcel.SaveWorkSheet(strOrigFileName) 'Save original workbook

Xcel = nothing

Then later,

Xcel.OpenTemplate (strNewFileName) 'Open copied workbook

Xcel.DeleteColumn(2) 'Delete column 2 in active sheet -> This is where i get the error

Xcel.ProtectWorkSheet()

Xcel.SaveWorkSheet(strNewFileName) 'Save back this workbook

Xcel = nothing

Will this be sufficient or do you want me to still attach a demo project?

Thanks,

Sreejith

Hi,

It will be good if you could create a sample console application, zip it and post it here so that we could check the issue thoroughly.

Thank you.