Deleting rows in named range corrupts excel

while deleting rows in a named range from aspose cell i get the error attached along with. Please help me out with it, i have spent quite some time on this but no help. The version of aspose cells that i am using is 8.2.2

Hi Meenakshi,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

I am afraid, we require your sample spreadsheet along with the source code to replicate & investigate the matter on our side therefore please provide the above requested. Before you move forward to provide the additional information, we request you to try the case against the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version) as you are using an older revision at the moment.

Hey,
The problem occurs while downloading the report in xlsx, however it works when downloaded as xls.
Attached is the spreadsheet and following is the sample code that deletes the named range:

//get the named range
Range rgCustomBranding = wd.Workbook.Worksheets.GetRangeByName("CustomBrandingEnabledRows");
if(rgCustomBranding ==null)
{
return;
}
else
{
//delete rows from named range
wd.Workbook.Worksheets["AvailabilityReport"].Cells.DeleteRows(rgCustomBranding .FirstRow, rgCustomBranding .RowCount);
}

Hi Meenakshi,

Thank you for sharing the samples.

We have evaluated the presented scenario while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.6.0.1 & the following piece of code, and we are able to reproduce the problem on our side, that is; if the result is saved in XLSX format after deleting the rows from a Named Range, the resultant spreadsheet cannot be loaded in Excel without repair. However, XLS file format does not show such issue. In order to further investigate the matter on our side, we have logged this incident in our bug tracking system under the ticket CELLSNET-43931. Our product team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

C#

FileStream content = File.OpenRead(“d:/AvailabilityMetroTemplate.xls”);
Aspose.Cells.Workbook document = new Workbook(content);
Range rgCustomBranding = document.Worksheets.GetRangeByName(“CustomBrandingEnabledRows”);
document.Worksheets[“AvailabilityReport”].Cells.DeleteRows(rgCustomBranding.FirstRow, rgCustomBranding.RowCount);
document.Save(“D:/output.xlsx”, SaveFormat.Xlsx);
document.Save(“D:/output.xls”);

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-43931 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Thanks a lot for addressing the issue quickly. May i know the timelines for this fix to be made available?

Hi Meenakshi,

I believe the fix will be available with the next maintenance release that will be shared with you within the current week.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix:Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version) and let us know your feedback.

The fix works! thanks a lot for quick turnaround on this.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest version. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.

hey,

the fix provided in Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.0.2 works. When will this fix be released?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

The major version 8.6.1 will be released somewhere before 20th of October 2015. However you can use this miner version 8.6.0.2 for your production use without any issue. Let us know if you encounter any issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43931) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.