Demo Export Shows Red Error Text on PowerPoint slide

I have insalled the evaluation version of Aspose slides for SSRS 2008. When I export a report to PowerPoint, the file has red error text included in the output. The text reads this over and over again:

License "Aspose.Slides.Reporting.Services.lic" doesn't exist or access is restricted.
License "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10_50.SP2010DEV\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin\Aspose.Slides.Reporting.Services.lic" doesn't exist in the executing assembly's directory.
License "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10_50.SP2010DEV\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin\Aspose.Slides.Reporting.Services.lic" doesn't exist in the calling assembly's directory.
License "Aspose.Slides.Reporting.Services.lic" doesn't exist in calling assembly's resources.
Cannot find license "Aspose.Slides.Reporting.Services.lic".

I expect to see the "Evaluation Mode" watermark but not these ugly errors which make the report hard to read. Any idea what is causing this error output and how to remedy this?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hi
Jonathan,

I have tried to understand the issue shared by you. Can you please share the source RDL using Adventure Works as data source. Please also share that generated presentations for reference. I will try reproducing the issue on my end.

Many Thanks,

Was there resolution to the issue above? We are getting the same issue above for SQL Server 2008 R2 when we try to execute an SSRS subscription that exported to pptx (an evaluation watermark and long error message on the final page - same as above). It works fine going directly to the hosted SSRS Report and executing/exporting directly from the server (no watermark, no license errors).

No, there was no solution given to this by support. They asked for clarification which I gave and then I never received anymore help on this.

Hi Jonathan,

I am sorry for your inconvenience. Actually I requested the generated presentation and sample RDL report for my investigation from you. Unfortunately it has not been shared and we had assumption that you might have figured out the issue. Actually, the error message that you have pointed is infact part of watermark and guidance for the customers to where to place the license file to avoid watermark. It has been added on the customers request in past. If you are having this issue even after using the license then please share the license file with us as well so that I may help you further.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Please share that link with us for instructions on correct placement of the license file. I would need directions for render issues through an automated subscription on an SSRS report.

Hi William,

Please visit this link for your kind reference to add Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services license. Your license file should be placed along side Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services dll. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Mudassir- I don’t think you understand. There is no watermark when I go to the server and render/export any report as a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation. I get the watermark and errors when an SSRS subscription is executed that exports to pptx.

Hi William,

I am sorry for misunderstanding. I feel the issue is not related to license and its fine as you are able to export the presentation from your server without watermark. Kindly, share the details about your SSRS subscription that yields watermark when exporting to PPTX. Please also share the complete environment setup details as well and I will discuss with our development team. Please also share the generated PPT and PPTX files with us and I will observe them to help you further.

You have mentioned that you have observed errors while exporting presentations, Kindly share the error details as well in generated presentations along with source RDL files using Adventure Works as data source. I am also hoping that you are using the latest version of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services on your end as well.

I also like to add further here that if you are able to export to PPT or PPTX using your SSRS subscription then placing the license file alongside Aspose.Slides for Reporting Service should also work theoretically. As you are able to access Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services dll using your SSRS subscription then placing license file alongside dll must work.

Many Thanks,