Dependency Aspose.Pdf.dll

What are the dependency files for Aspose.Pdf.dll (11.3.0.0)?

I am having trouble in importing compiled assembly into a 3rd party system.

Braking after System

Hi Shankar,

Thank you for contacting support. Aspose.Pdf for .NET API is an independent class library project compiled under the .NET framework. You can import an Aspose.Pdf DLL which targets to the appropriate .NET framework (it may 2.0, 3.5, 4.0 or Compact framework etc.). However, Aspose.Pdf assembly compiled with .NET Framework 2.0 version works fine on the .NET Framework versions greater than or equal to 2.0.

PS: You are using quite an old version 11.3.0.0. We always recommend our clients use the latest version of Aspose.PDF API, because it includes all the latest features, fixes and enhancements.

You write that " Aspose.Pdf for .NET API is an independent class library project", but when I try printing to printer or converting PDFs to TIFF with Aspose.PDF.DLL any version after 12.0 I receive an error that it cannot load Aspose.Fonts.DLL.

I also not that the size of the Apose.Pdf.DLL assembly shrank from 40MB to 30 MB after version 12.0. Are you sure that Aspose.PDF.DLL is still an independent class library, or was something extracted After version 12???

Hi Mathew,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Aspose.Pdf for .NET is an independent library and Aspose.Font.dll is an internal component of it. It would be greatly appreciated if you please share more information about your environment i.e OS version, API version, Application Type and Target Framework along with your sample document, so that we can try to replicate the issue in our environment and address it accordingly.

Best Regards,

IDE : VS2017
Target Framework : 4.6.2
Project Type : Class Library
Language : C#
Aspose.Pdf : 11.3.0.0

Everything working fine, with VS2017

After creating the DLL, i have ti import the DLL into 3rd party system. i am getting above error when i try to import the DLL.

But, i was able to import the Aspose.Pdf : 10.3.0.0 into 3rd party system successfully.

srasiah22:

IDE : VS2017
Target Framework : 4.6.2
Project Type : Class Library
Language : C#
Aspose.Pdf : 11.3.0.0

Everything working fine, with VS2017

After creating the DLL, i have ti import the DLL into 3rd party system. i am getting above error when i try to import the DLL.

But, i was able to import the Aspose.Pdf : 10.3.0.0 into 3rd party system successfully.
Hi,

Thanks for contacting support.

From your above query, it appears that you are facing issue while using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.3.0 but in subsequent line, you have mentioned that its working fine when using VS2017. Can you please share some further details regarding this problem.

Furthermore, recently we have noticed that there are some issues related to internal libraries referencing and this problem is already logged as PDFNET-42378 in our issue tracking system. However currently there are two workarounds for this problem.

1.Do not use assembly.GetTypes(), use assembly.GetExportedTypes() instead.

System.Reflection.Assembly assembly = System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(@“d:\MyApp\References\Aspose.Pdf.dll”);

var types = assembly.GetExportedTypes(); // <-- it works fine now and returns all public exported non-obfuscated classes.

2. Call assembly.CreateInstance(“Aspose.Pdf.Document”); after LoadFrom(), before GetTypes(). Something like this:

System.Reflection.Assembly assembly = System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(@“d:\MyApp\References\Aspose.Pdf.dll”);

assembly.CreateInstance(“Aspose.Pdf.Document”);

var types = assembly.GetTypes(); // <-- it works fine now.

The product team is working on fixing this problem and we hope to get it resolved in next release versions of Aspose.Pdf for .NET. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.

We are pleased to share that the issue reported earlier as PDFNET-42378 is resolved in latest release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.6. Please try using the latest release and in the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.