Deploying Test Page on Server

Hello,

I just obtained access to my DEV server and am trying to test aspose.word on it. All I have is a webform with a button that when clicked opens up a test document.
On the page load, when no aspose.word objects are accessed, I get an error that points to the filename of my webform.

Do I need a Deployment license to test this? Is there some type of test license to use in the code. Thanks!

If you post the error message here it could help me to answer better.

Aspose.Word will work without a license in evaluation mode. So as one of the steps towards resolution you can comment out the call to SetLicense and see if you can get this working.

Thanks Roman, the problem was I failed to copy the .dll to the bin root directory.

I have a question regarding the protection of different sections in a document. I saw a posting (https://forum.aspose.com/t/130161) that you might be working on adding this into aspose.word. What is the status of this? This feature would be really nice. Thanks!

We will try to get this feature delivered early in Februrary. Let me know if it is critical for you to have it earlier.

Hi roman, thanks for your quick replies. We are in the final stages of development of our application and would like this ability soon in order to fully test before moving to production. Thanks!

Protecting sections individually is possible in Aspose.Word 2.1.4 .

Awesome, Thanks!

Not sure if I should start a new thread or not so I’ll start out here first. I want to test out Aspose.Word and I’ve downloaded the eval copy. I’ve copied the DLL to the bin directory of the site I will using it on, added the reference to Aspose.WORD, added the IMPORTS ASPOSE.WORD and then added code to fill and open a word document that I created. When I run I get the following:

<<Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file “c:\inetpub\wwwroot\VenderClaims\Letters\VendorClaims.doc”.>>

Here is the stack info (not sure if it will help):
Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: Could not find file “c:\inetpub\wwwroot\VenderClaims\Letters\VendorClaims.doc”.]
System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) +181
System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) +888
System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) +45
System.IO.File.OpenRead(String path) +32
Aspose.Word.u.a(String A_0)
Aspose.Word.Document.a(String A_0)
Aspose.Word.Document…ctor(String fileName)
VenderClaims.WebForm1.GenerateWordDocument() in E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VenderClaims\VendorClaims.aspx.vb:1953
VenderClaims.WebForm1.Button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VenderClaims\VendorClaims.aspx.vb:1978
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1292

The point of error is this line of code:

Dim doc As Document = New Document(MapPath(“.”) + “\Letters\VendorClaims.doc”)
I’m sure I’m doing something wrong, just can’t figure out what.

Thanks.

Protection per section is supported, download the latest hotfix and see the Section.ProtectedForForms property.