Derive Java Class from StreamFontSource & Implement openFontDataStream() method to Use Stream Font Source

I was trying to implement my own StreamFontSource as suggested in the documentation.

public class ResourceFontSource extends StreamFontSource {
		@Override
		public InputStream openFontDataStream() throws Exception {
			return null; //implementation goes here
		}
	}

Unfortunately there seems to be an invisible abstract method zzZtx() that I can’t override.

I’m currently using version 20.1. Could you provide a fix with the next version?

I consider using MemoryFontSource as a workaround, but would rather like to use the Stream for cases with larger Fonts.

Thank you!

Kind regards
Dirk Steinkamp

@Dirk_Steinkamp,

Thanks for reporting this problem to us. We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. Your ticket number is WORDSJAVA-2300. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of the linked issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

1 Like

Hi,
any updates regarding this issue? Seems that it’s still an issue in version 20.3

Regards, Tobias

@tobias.sohl,

Your issue (WORDSJAVA-2300) is currently ‘pending for analysis’ and is in the queue. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue will be resolved or any further updates may be available in future. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-2300) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.4 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.4 update.