Design Issue Help

Hi, theres

I want to design an application for exam and learning system.
All the question are stored in word format, I want to save the questions
in database, maybe some will contains MathType object or pictures
What’s the min unit that I should use to store each question text,
a word document or a smaller one like node or paragraph or… ?

Besides, It must be allowed to edit and save the question content,
which windows control that should be used for biding my records in database ?

Any sample code available ?

Regards,
agichen

Hi Agi,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the delayed response. Sure, you can parse your document in order to extract separate document elements such as headers, footers, paragraphs, tables, images, and others using Aspose.Words. You need to decide on what combination of Nodes make up a complete ‘Question’. You can then extract those Nodes from Main document, insert them to a secondary document and then save those intermediate documents to Database. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

Thanks for your reply.

Another question is which windows control that I should use to display my content from database and allow user to edit the content then save back to database ? ( RichTextBox or others ? There’re some MathType objects and some pictures in each “Question”)
Any sample available ?

Regards,
agichen

Hi Agichen,

Thanks for your inquiry. The RichTextBox may has it’s own limitations when it comes to rendering complex Document elements; however, our sister company GroupDocs.com offers a viewer app which you may consider including in your application to view the various file formats. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,