Designer files with protected VBA

I know that it is possible for Aspose.Excel to create Excel spreadsheets that contain VBA, when the designer spreadsheet contains the VBA code. But is it still possible when the VBA project that is “locked for viewing” (Tools -> Macro -> Visual Basic Editor, right click on project, select VBAProject Properties, Protection tab)? Can we create new spreadsheets that contain locked VBA code?

(Sorry I have to post this here, but our developer who works with Aspose.Excel is unavailable for the next couple of weeks, and we need to determine quickly whether this will be possible.)

Yes, you can do it. If your designer spreadsheet contains locked VBA code, Aspose.Excel can import and keep it.

Related question: If the VBA project in the designer spreadsheet is digitally signed, will Aspose.Excel import and keep the digital signature?

Thanks for all your help!

Currently digital signature for VBA is not supported. I will investigate to make this feature.

Laurence wrote:
Currently digital signature for VBA is not supported. I will investigate to make this feature.

Thanks Laurence. This feature would be very important for us - we have a number of clients who run Excel with macro security set to High, and we can't get them to change their settings.

When I make any progress, I will post it here.

Please download Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version) .

Now this feature is available. However, please don’t change document properties at run time for it can invalidate your digital signature.

Thank you for responding so promptly to our need for a new feature in Aspose.Excel. When we were choosing an Excel generation tools, one of the main reasons we chose Aspose was because of the excellent support we saw you providing in this forum. You have shown us once again that our decision was the right choice.