Desktop Grid - Combobox Speed Issue

Hi

I have 1 lakh records in my combo box and it takes 12-15 seconds to show the list of records when I click on combo box to change it’s value. Find the attached code explaining the issue.

I request you to please speed up this functionality as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards
Sukhminder Singh

Hi Sukhminder,

Well, if you have l lac records in a combo box, it will take some time to display the values list. Anyways, we will check if we can enhance it more.

Thank you.

Hi Sukhminder,

After further analysis to update you, the Combobox speed can not be improved more at the moment. Please try to decrease the number of items in the combo list. Alternatively, you may use cell buttons to open a custom dialog box to select item(s) and this dialog will be implemented by yourself with your own code.

Thank you.

Hi

I'm also facing the same problem, in this i'm using the combo box of aspose.grid.desktop that are binded to the grid. These combo box are taking very large time to populate the records and if one entry is selected then they are taking time for closing, the combo box consists of around 50 to 60 thousands records. Please do something to make these combo box speed increased? As it is creating a performance issue.

Thank You,

Anchit

Hi

I'm the licensed user of Aspose. And i'm using aspose.dll version 2.0.1.15. The aspose combos are taking large amount of time to fill in the values. Pls see the attached screen shot of ants performance profiler and provide the solution as sooon as possible

Hi,

Thanks for providing us further details with a screen shot.

We will check your issue and get back to you soon.

Thanks for being patient!

Hi,

Well, we have tested the issue with the following code. When I click the drop down button, it takes about 1 second to fill the values into the combo boxes. Could you confirm is it not the similar case to yours?

Dim ar As ArrayList = New ArrayList()

Dim i As Integer = 0

While i < 60000

ar.Add("item" + i.ToString)

i = i + 1

End While

grdDataEntry.Worksheets(0).Controls.AddComboBox(3, 4, ar)

grdDataEntry.Worksheets(0).Controls.AddComboBox(3, 3, ar)

Thank you.

Actually I’m not binding the drop down, when I click on it. The drop down is binded to the grid when the form is loaded that contains the grid and also the drop down gets its values at the time of loading the form. On clicking the drop down only the values are being shown and they are taking time.

Hi,

Could you create a simple application and post it here to show the issue, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad

Code is the attached in the first post of this conversation. Please check it out.

Regards
Sukhminder Singh

Hi,

Any updates about the combo box speed issue, pls find the solution as soon as possible

Hi,

Well, we have tested GridDesktop in .Net Framework 1.0. It takes about one second to load 100000 items of Combobox. But in .Net Framework 2.0 it takes more than 8 seconds to do that. If you could test the ListBox control provided by .NET Framework in 1.0 or 2.0 separately, you will find the issue in .NET Framework 2.0 too. I have enhanced the component with multi-threading in Aspose.Grid.Desktop v2.0.1.16. Hopeful it can suit your need. Please give it a try.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for the new dll. Combo box are now opening fast. But I'm getting some error and the screen shot of the error is attached. These errors are not coming in the previous dll i.e. 2.0.1.15. I'm testing the new dll with same code. Please resolve these errors soon.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us details,

We will check it and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try the attached fixed version v2.0.1.17, we have fixed the issue.

Kindly let us know if it works fine now.

Thank you.

Hi,

Its working fine now. Thanks a lot. If we face any other issue regarding combo box, we will update you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 9671) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.