Desktop Grid - Extra Rows Creation with Copy/Paste Operation

Hi

I am facing an issue while using copy/paste operation in the grid. Please see the attached code and screen shots explaining the issue. Kindly update me on it as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards
Sukhminder Singh

Hi Sukhminder,

Well, it is not an issue rather a way that describes how GridDesktop handles the Copy/Paste operation. Some users like this feature (i.e.., Paste operation should insert extra rows/cells to put the complete values to the destination rows/cells.). Others (including you) may demand to disallow this feasibility.

Anyways, we will check the feasibility of your requested feature and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi Sukhminder,

Ok, we will add a property named “EnableCopyWithExtension” which indicates whether the copy operation will extend the number of rows / columns to create additional room for the operation. Its default value is true. If it is set to false, the copy operation will be stopped (so, none of the cells are copied) and a warning massage box will be shown to the user, its description is like MS Excel's, i.e.., “The information cannot be pasted because the Copy area and the Paste area are not the same size and shape”. We have to follow MS Excel standards.

Will this suit your need? Please confirm us so that we can implement this feature for your requirement.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad

Yes, it suit my requirement. Please implement this feature.

Thanks and Regards
Sukhminder Singh

Hi Sukhminder,

Please try the attached version v2.0.1.5. We have implemented the “EnableCopyWithExtension” property in it. In this version, we have enhanced the behaviors of copying rows/columns too.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad

Thanks, it worked.

Thanks and Regards
Sukhminder Singh

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 8654) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.