Dev OEM License File Not Working

I embedded my new OEM license file into my project. I was using a temporary license and it was working great. When I replaced it with a new Dev OEM License, I keep getting UnsupportedFormatException for all my attempts at compiling.

I have tried to now add in the use of the License Class as per below.

Aspose.Pdf.License lic = new Aspose.Pdf.License();
lic.Embedded = true;
lic.SetLicense("Aspose.Total.lic");
Aspose.Pdf.Document packet = new Aspose.Pdf.Document();

Unfortunately this did not help either. What else can I check (Windows Event Log, etc.) to help diagnose the reason why it's not compiling anymore? Note I don't see an Expiration Tag in my lic file too but figured that was expected in a Dev OEM file.

I did in fact find a Tag but it’s 2013 so that looks good too. License Version says 2.2

Hi Christopher,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please check the following documentation links for setting Embedded License in your .NET application.

Using as Embedded resource

If you still face the issue, I would suggest you to test your license by loading license from file path as mentioned in below link.

Using File or Stream object

If you still face any issue, please send us your license file. Please follow the process mentioned in the following link to send us the license file.

How to Send your license file to Aspose Staff

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi Christopher,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I would like to update you that I have received your license file via email and I am checking it now. I will update you shortly regarding the test result.

The file attached in your email is showing as "Quarantined Attachment.txt". Please check it again and send your license file again. You may zip the file and then share.

I have emailed my license file in several formats but have not heard back in several days. I have a lot of pressure from teams here wondering why I haven’t heard back. Sorry to bug you guys but I also sent emails without an attachment to verify my emails were reaching you as well. Thanks! Would you like me to attach my license file to this public discussion forum or?

Sorry for the delayed response.

I am sorry but we have not any email containing the license files. Could you please send the files again and inform us via this forum thread after sending the file.

I just sent two emails, each with one attachment of the same license file. The first attachment is just a .zip of the file and the second has the exntension renamed to .licx Hope that helps, really could use an answer today.

Thank you for sending the license file again.

I checked the file in the zip folder and it works fine at my end. I checked the license as embed resource as well as with file path and both works fine. Could you please share some details about your system environment i.e. OS, 32 bit or 64 bit processor, .NET Framework etc. This will help us identify the cause of the issue soon.

P.S. I have tested the scenario on a Windows 7 64 bit, Visual Studio 2008 and .NET Framework 2.0.

Sure thing! The environments are below, hope this helps!

Server

Windows Server standard Service Pack 2

64-bit OS

4 GB. RAM

Quad-Core 2.09 Ghz.

Client

Windows 7 Professional

64-bit OS

12 GB RAM

IE 9

Which version of .NET Framework you are using in your application and which Aspose.Pdf.dll are you using (2.0, 3.5, 4.0 or 4.0 Client Profile). Also, if possible, please create a sample application and post it here, we will check it and get back to you.

We are using .NET Framework v3.5

The Aspose.Pdf.dll file version is 6.0.0.0 and the Product Version is 2011.7.1.0

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the details. As you are using an old version, could you please download and try the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.8 and see if it works fine for you.

Almost there! So I'm still getting the Eval Message and am using the following versions of these DLLs....Hope this helps!

Aspose.Pdf.Dll 6.8

Aspose.Cells.Dll 7.1.2.0

Aspose.words.Dll 11.2.0.0

Aspose.Slides.Dll 6.1.0.0

Specifically, in our tests we are using Words.dll with a .rtf file and it is successfully converting to a PDF but with a message in it is all about evaluatiom mode. Thanks!

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am representative of Aspose.Words team. You can include the license file as an embedded resource into your application as described here:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Including+the+License+File+as+an+Embedded+Resource

Best Regards,

Hi Christopher,

Just to share one more thought. Please note when using multiple products, initialize the licnese for each product individually.

[C#]
// create license object for Aspose.Pdf
Aspose.Pdf.License pdflic = new Aspose.Pdf.License();
// specify the embedded file information. MergedAPI is the default namespcae of project
pdflic.SetLicense(“MergedAPI.Aspose.Total.lic”);
// embed the license file within solution
pdflic.Embedded = true;

// create license object for Aspose.Words
Aspose.Words.License wordlice = new Aspose.Words.License();
wordlice.SetLicense(@“Aspose.Total.lic”);