Diagonal image superimposed in excel file is converting in to straight image after converting excel in to Pdf using Aspose

Hi,

I am generating a pdf from excel using Aspose. My requirement is to superimpose a diagonal banner on my text in excel file. For that I am superimposing an image (of text banner) diagonally in excel, so that my text is visible below that banner.

Now when I am converting this excel in to pdf (by saving this file in pdf format using SaveFormat.pdf). this diagonal banner is becoming straight on pdf file, which is supposed to be diagonal as in excel file

Alternate method:

I am inserting an image on the whole text of excel and making the image background transparent so that the whole text is visible below the picture. But when I generate Pdf of this sample excel, then in the resultant pdf only diagonal image appears with the white background which hides the below text of excel file.

Could anyone help me out in resolving this problem, and tell me that whether Aspose pdf support this feature or not.

Please let me know if anyone knows that how to superimpose a diagonal banner in case of Aspose pdf.

If samples are required for the excel and resultant pdf, i can provide that.

Thanks in advance

Hi Preety,

Thanks for using our products.

Please share the source Excel workbook so that we can test the scenario at our end. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi,

I am from Aspose.Cells team. Aspose.Cells can convert the Excel file (containing images) to PDF on its own. As Nayyer shared, please share your input Excel file (containing your superimposed image), also share the output PDF file here. We will check your issue soon.

By the way, we also recommend you to kindly try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.0.1 if it makes any difference.

Thank you.

Thanks Amjad for considering my issue.

I have tried with the latest Aspose.Cells dll provided by you, but still facing the same problem. My diagonal text is still changing to straight text.

What I am doing exactly is :

1) Taking standard excel file with some diagonal image or text. (input file from source location ).

2) Saving it to a specified destination location as an excel again, then pulling that excel file from destination location using Aspose.Cells.Workbook and saving it again back to same location as an pdf using Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Pdf. Following is the code provided for the same :

WorkbookDesigner _workbookDesigner = new WorkbookDesigner();

_workbookDesigner.Workbook.Save(_destinationWOCPath + "sampleDiagonalTextCellsAsposeOut.xlsx");

Workbook workbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(_destinationWOCPath + "sampleDiagonalTextCellsAsposeOut.xlsx");

workbook.Save(_destinationWOCPath + "sampleDiagonalTextCellsAsposeOut.pdf", Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Pdf);

I am sending you the samples of source excel (sampleDiagonalTextCells.xlsx) and output excel (sampleDiagonalTextCellsAsposeOut.xlsx) and pdf (sampleDiagonalTextCellsAsposeOut.pdf) for reference.

Please let me know the issue as soon as possible as this is very critical requiremenr, or, if you have some other suggestion to achieve this requirement then please suggest.

Thanks in advance

Preety

Hi,

Thank you for using Aspose.Cells.

I can notice the issue as you have mentioned with your source Excel file, sampleDiagonalTextCells.xlsx, by simply converting it into PDF.

I am forwarding these details to our development team for further investigation and rectification of the issue. We will update you here once we have any information from our development team regarding the resolution of this issue.

The issue has been logged as: CELLSNET-40881.

Hi Kashif,

Is there any update on the above query.

Thanks in advance.

Preety

Hi,

I am afraid your issue is not resolved yet. I have asked the concerned developer if he could share the status or an eta. Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.