Difference between Word automation and Aspose when converting DOC to PDF

Hi all,

I’ve converted a doc file (created from Microsoft Word) automatically through our old mechanism and got different result than Aspose conversion (the new mechanism)

The attached DOC file is the document that I converted using two methods.

The attached ‘PDF Aspose.pdf’’ file is Aspose’s conversion file from the mentioned DOC.
And The attached ‘PDF Word automation’ file is Word automation’s conversion file from the mentioned DOC.

As you can probably see, the picture of the flower (right in the middle of the document, not the one to the top) is on top of text in Aspose and in Word it’s where it should be.

Plus, there is an annoying dash in the top of the document and sometime I see it twice, in the end of the document too. (see attached dash.jpg file)

Please help me as soon as you can, we are about the release the version in a few days. We must fix this.

Thanks, Lidan Hackmon.

Hello

Thanks for your request. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as this feature is supported. The problem occurs because Aspose.Words does not support floating images positioning during rendering. As a workaround, you can try refactoring your document to avoid using floating image.
Best regards,

OK, thank you…
Do you have an ETA for this issue?
And what about the other issue? (the dash thing, image attached above.)
Thanks

Hello

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, positioning of floating objects is an extremely complex issue, so I cannot promise you a fast fix. Hopefully, this issue will be resolved somewhere at the beginning of the next year, but I cannot provide you a more solid estimate at the moment.
Regarding the second problem, I managed to reproduce it on my side. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed. As a workaround you can try removing unused characters from the document. Please see the attached screenshot.
Best regards,

Hi Andrey, Thanks for your replies.
Do you have an ETA for that dashes issue?

Thanks.

Hi Lidan,
Thanks for your inquiry.
I’m afraid the issue is still unresolved. We will inform you of any developments.
Thanks,

We are happy to tell you that a very cool and important feature (filed as 7180) is included in the new version of Aspose.Words. Text wrapping around images and shapes when rendering Microsoft Word documents to PDF, XPS and printing is now supported. You can download the latest version from here.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(29)

Thank you very much.

we’ll test it right away.

Hi,
It seems that the problem was fixed! Images and text are in the same position as word made them.

Thank you for letting me know!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 21135) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4027) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.