Difference in Dates when saving MPP file (C# .NET)

Hi.

I am using Aspose v18.12.

When opening a MS Project file and saving, dates appear in the saved copy that did not exist in the original copy.

The code:

var stream = new FileStream(filePath, FileMode.OpenOrCreate);
var project = new Project(stream, new LoadOptions());
project.Save(newfilePath, SaveFileFormat.MPP);

The before and after files can be compared in MS Project.

See attached .zip for MS Project file.projektek_2018-BZ_RI.zip (769.2 KB)

See attached .png to see inserted dates.project-changes.PNG (5.5 KB)

@JohnGrahamLT

We were able to reproduce this issue and it has been logged with ID “TASKSNET-2905” for further investigation. You will automatically be informed here once we have more information to share.

Hi there.

Is there an ETA on this issue?

Thanks in advance…

@JohnGrahamLT

Thank you for writing back to us. We are working on this issue and it is not resolved yet. We will update you here soon.

Hi … I noticed this ticket is closed… Does this mean it is “resolved”?

thanks.

@JohnGrahamLT

Thank you for writing back to us.

The issue has been resolved and is a part of Aspose.Tasks for .NET 19.2.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKSNET-2905) have been fixed in this update.

Thank you for fixing the difference shown in the image I attached.

There are still differences that exist between the before and after files, and this occurs with v 19.3.

See attached image for one example of a schedule difference.MPP Corruption.png (188.3 KB)

@JohnGrahamLT,

I have observed the image shared by you and have reopened the ticket based on shared information. We will share good news with you as soon as issue will be fixed.

@JohnGrahamLT Hello! We checked the next code sample on the version 19.3 and cannot find the issue you’re talking about.

using (var stream = new FileStream("projektek_2018-BZ_RI.mpp", FileMode.OpenOrCreate))
{
   var project = new Project(stream, new LoadOptions());
   project.Save("out.mpp", SaveFileFormat.MPP);
}

2019-03-26_20-14-28.png (129.7 KB)

The task “2018_285 projekt” in file “projektek_2018-BZ_RI.mpp” contains the predecessor link but MSP does not show it. But the file resaved by AT makes MS Project show it and this behavior is correct.

Uploading: clipboard…

Attached is a small project that opens and re saves an project file.

It iterates over the calendars in the original file and re saved file.

empty calendars seemed to be removed. I can accept this.

However, there is 7 added work days. We would like there to be no differences.

The attached project has example project files, and you can see the comparisons in the debug window.

@JohnGrahamLT,

I am unable to observe any attachments shared by you. Can you please verify this and share with us.

AsposeProject.zip (5.4 MB)

Here is the VS project with test files.

@JohnGrahamLT,

Thank you for sharing the details. An issue with ID TASKSNET-3197 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Dear Mudassir.fayyaz,

Regarding TASKSNET-3197, can you tell us the conditions in the .MPP file in which this problem occurs? We want to be able to prevent this and we want (most importantly) to know how serious this problem is. We don’t know how to make a new .MPP file that has this problem and just have no idea how serious this is or if it’s super rare.

@eirens,

I regret to inform that this issue is still unresolved. We can share details of this issue after complete investigation and resolution of this issue.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKSNET-3197) have been fixed in this update.