Difference in order for TaskLinks in XML and MPP file

Hi,

When reading xml and mpp file in 2007/2010 i found a difference in order of project.TaskLinks items in the collection of 2 files. This difference sometime causes error in program. Could you please check and fix this error so long as the order of items in TaskLinks of mpp file is the same as xml file?

I attached here 2 file in xml and mpp for you to double check. Read example below for more

For example :
1) xml file : collection of TaskLinks will return : 3 items with order for links
- 1–> 2
- 1–> 3
- 2–> 3

2) mpp file : order of collection is different from above
- 2–> 3
- 1–> 3
- 1–> 2

something like that …

Thanks and with regards,
Thanh

Dear Thanh,

This issue has been logged into our issue tracking system as TASKSNET-22007. We will keep you updated on this issue in this thread.

In the meantime, you can use the following code to correct the order of TaskLinks when reading from MPP file.

ProjectReader reader = new ProjectReader();
Project mppProject = reader.Read(Server.MapPath("TestRelationships.mpp"));
mppProject.TaskLinks.Reverse();

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Best Regards,

Thank for your quick reply,

My example accidentally makes you think that's a reverse for collection, but in fact it's not, the order of items in TaskLinks for mpp file is arbitrary. The order of TaskLinks items in mpp file should be the same as which of xml file. I tried Reverse() as you told and it solves nothing. So I have to wait for your fix. Anyway, thanks for your support.

Regards,

Thanh

Dear Thanh,

You are right. This workaround is not feasible for all the examples.

This issue has been planned for the next monthly release by our developers.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKS-22007) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.