Differences between aspose.words 14.5 and 15.7

Good morning,

I have the following source document attached, which contains a series of hidden paragraphs (highlighted in screenshot), this document is opened via Aspose Words and the hidden paragraphs are removed (this is done in our code) and the resulting document is converted to pdf.

When we remove the paragraphs the two tables merge and become 1 table with 2 rows, which makes sense and is not a problem, however the way the borders are handled between Aspose.Words 14.5 and 15.7 has changed, I’ve attached the resulting documents and you’ll notice that in the newest version the tables gain a black border between them which isn’t present in the 14.5 version.

I assume the change is intentional but please can I have an explanation as to why this change was implemented as I’ve been asked to investigate the issue and report back to a client.

Thank you for you help,

Stan

Hi Stan,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the same behavior as MS Word does. If you remove the hidden paragraph between tables using MS Word, you will get the same table's border. The behavior of latest version of Aspose.Words is correct.

Moreover, if you remove the paragraphs between two tables, the tables will be merged and become one table. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi Tahir,

Thank you, yes I thought that was the case as I had also reproduced the same behavior in word but I appreciate the confirmation.

All the best,

Stan