Differences between PPT and PPTX file handling in new .NET version of Slides

I just finished changing some of our code to handle the new OM for Aspose.Slides 14.2.0.0, and I’ve noticed that a few things are different between how PPT and PPTX files are handled.

I’ve attached two version of the same file to this post, one saved as a PPT file and one as a PPTX. If you place them in the same directory and run the following code on them (replace “[PATHTOFILES]” with the directory name), you’ll see that the results are different:

Dim SourceFile = “[PATHTOFILES]\Test File.ppt”

Dim Presentation = New Aspose.Slides.Presentation(SourceFile)

Dim Result = New System.Text.StringBuilder

Result.AppendLine(String.Format(“There are {0} custom document properties in this document”, Presentation.DocumentProperties.Count))

Result.AppendLine(String.Format(“Slide 2 has {0} comments”, Presentation.Slides(1).GetSlideComments(Nothing).Count))

Result.AppendLine(String.Format(“Slide 3 {0} hidden”, If(Presentation.Slides(2).Hidden, “is”, “is not”)))

MessageBox.Show(Result.ToString)

Presentation = New Aspose.Slides.Presentation(SourceFile & “x”)

Result = New System.Text.StringBuilder

Result.AppendLine(String.Format(“There are {0} custom document properties in this document”, Presentation.DocumentProperties.Count))

Result.AppendLine(String.Format(“Slide 2 has {0} comments”, Presentation.Slides(1).GetSlideComments(Nothing).Count))

Result.AppendLine(String.Format(“Slide 3 {0} hidden”, If(Presentation.Slides(2).Hidden, “is”, “is not”)))

MessageBox.Show(Result.ToString)

It appears that comments, custom document properties and hidden slides are not being properly handled in the new version of Aspose.Slides. Are these known issues, by any chance? Is there any workaround?

Thanks,

Michael Whalen

Hi Michael,

Thank you for sharing the sample code and template files.

I am able to reproduce the issues reported by you and registered the following issues in our issue tracking system.

SLIDESNET-35230: Custom Property Count issue in PPT file
SLIDESNET-35231: Comments Count issue in PPT file
SLIDESNET-35232: Hidden Slide issue in PPT file

The above issues are linked with this forum thread and you will get a notification once the issues are resolved.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi
What are the statuses of issues:
SLIDESNET-35232
And
SLIDESNET-35231

Thanks

Hi Oren,

The issues are pending for investigation at development team’s end. I have requested them to share an ETA as soon as they are done with the investigation. We will update you once we receive a feedback from development team.

Thanks & Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-35232) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.