Differences between PPTX Presentation and Converted PDF Document

Description: We use Aspose.Slides to convert pptx files into pdf. Some of generated pdf contains significant differences with used pptx. Please review attached images to see those differences.
Steps: Use provided code with provided attachment input.pptx. Review generated output.pdf
Expected: output.pdf should look the same as input.pptx
Actual: output.pdf contains several differences with input.pptx
Reproduced on: Aspose.Slides.NET.16.3.0
Code to reproduce:

using (var fs = File.Open(@“input.pptx”, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.Read))
{
Presentation doc = new Presentation(fs);
doc.Save(@“output.pdf”, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf);
}

Hi Matt,

Thank you for detailed explanation.

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that many of the issues are appearing because of the PowerPoint version installed on your end. For example the error number 3 on slide 7 and error number 3 on slide 2, which are rendered in PDF exactly as displayed by PowerPoint, see attached screenshot ExactlyLikePDF.JPG for your kind reference.

Some of the issues are reported for the problem with shadow rendering, 3D objects and lightening rendering. I would like to add that aforementioned rendering support is not available at the moment. I request you to please try installing latest version of PowerPoint and then share your kind feedback with us if you still face the issue. We will be glad to help you further.

Best Regards,

Hi Ahmed,
All screenshots were made for Aspose.Slides.NET.15.9.0 version. And it seems that some of the issues was fixed in the 16.3.0 release. I reviewed these screenshots with latest version of PowerPoint (16.0.6001.1068):

LossOfEffects - replaced by actual render JA_ImportedFile_PPT_LossOfEffects_2
LossOfEffects2 - replaced by actual render JA_ImportedFile_PPT_LossOfEffects2_2
LossOfEffects3 - all actual except note 4
LossOfEffects4 - replaced by actual render JA_ImportedFile_PPT_LossOfEffects4_2 (significant part is missing)
LossOfEffects5 - all actual
LossOfEffects6 - replaced by actual render JA_ImportedFile_PPT_LossOfEffects6_2
LossOfEffects7 - all actual
LossOfEffects8 - all actual
LossOfEffects9 - replaced by actual render JA_ImportedFile_PPT_LossOfEffects9_2 (there is clipped text)
LossOfEffects10 - replaced by actual render JA_ImportedFile_PPT_LossOfEffects10_2 (wrong text alignment)
LossOfEffects11 - all actual
LossOfEffects12 - all actual
LossOfEffects13 - replaced by actual render JA_ImportedFile_PPT_LossOfEffects13_2 (color is missing, texture broken)
LossOfEffects14 - all actual
LossOfEffects15 - replaced by actual render JA_ImportedFile_PPT_LossOfEffects15_2

As you can see there is some significant regression in rendering that prevent us for upgrading on newer version (JA_ImportedFile_PPT_LossOfEffects4_2, etc)

Hi Matt,

I have observed your comments and like to share with you my findings, as under:

LossOfEffects: 3D effect problem is highlighted which is not supported at the moment.

LossOfEffects2: Glow effect is actually 3D lightening which is not supported at the moment. For missing black border, a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-37352 has been logged.

LossOfEffects3: Shine effect is 3D bevel effect which is not supported at the moment. For the problem of cropped text, a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-37353 has been logged. A feature request with ID SLIDESNET-37354 has been logged for the support of soft edges and improved quality of image.

LossOfEffects4: A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-37355 has been logged for missing chart on generated PDF.

LossOfEffects5: Text boxes have missing shadows because shadows are not supported at the moment.

LossOfEffects6: Edge effects are missing because 3D lightening is not supported at the moment. Missing border issue is already logged with ID SLIDESNET-37352. I am unable to notice the issue with text wrap on my end, see attached image(fine.JPG) for your kind reference.

LossOfEffects7, Edge effects are the 3D lightening, black border missing is logged with ID SLIDESNET-37352. For text wrap issue, a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-37356 has been logged.

LossOfEffects8: Difference in output is occurring because Bevel effects rendering is not supported at the moment.

LossOfEffects9: The shadow is missing because shadow rendering is not supported at the moment. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-37357 has been logged for clipped legend issue.

LossOfEffects10: 3D effects are missing because they are not supported at the moment. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-37358 has been logged for the issue with Text alignment.

LossOfEffects11: Bevel effects rendering is not supported at the moment. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-37359 has been logged for the issue of font color.

LossOfEffects12: Edge effects are missing because 3D light rendering is not supported. SLIDESNET-37352 is logged for missing black border. Ticket with ID SLIDESNET-37360 has been logged for the issue of width difference. For incorrect text wrapping is already logged as SLIDESNET-37356.

LossOfEffects13: This issue is appearing because filled texture rendering and bevel effects rendering is not supported at the moment.

LossOfEffects14: Shine effect is missing because 3D light rendering is not supported. SLIDESNET-37352 has been logged for problem with black border. SLIDESNET-37356 has been logged for text wrapping issue.

LossOfEffects15: A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-37354 is already logged for same feature of image rendering.

All aforementioned issues have been linked with this thread so that you may be notified as soon as these issues get fixed.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-37355) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-37360;SLIDESNET-37356) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Sent: Thursday, 19 January, 2017 00:27
Subject: RE: mtg with aspose

Hi Andriy,

I researched all listed issues, please check below:

SLIDESNET-37357 ([XDAS-796](https://jira.cogniance.com/browse/XDAS-796))
– This issue is partially resolved. Legend issue is fixed. Shadow
effect implementation is postponed since it also depends of 3D effects
feature. This issue could be resolved after 4th quarter 2017.

Unfortunately issue with legends is still reproducible with Aspose.Words 17.1

Please see screenshots attached.

Could you please provide estimates for the fix.

Hi Matt,

I have observed your comments and it seems your issue is related to Aspose.Words. Can you please make an inquiry in Aspose.Words forum in this regard as the current thread is related to issue in Aspose.Slides for .NET.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-37354) have been fixed in this update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-37357) have been fixed in this update.

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-37359) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 22.12 (ZIP, MSI).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-37353) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 23.1 (ZIP, MSI).
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-37358) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 23.2 (ZIP, MSI).