Differences in doc compares done in Aspose vs. Word

We used to do Word automation to create docs and pdfs but happily we’ve been able to replace that with Aspose everywhere except for one place.

Comparisons in Aspose are still not quite what Word produces with our internal documents. When using automation, there is one property that isn’t currently included in the CompareOptions class - CompareWhitespace. I don’t know if that’s enough to throw the comparison off but just wanted to point that out. Here are the options I’m using in Aspose:

var compareOptions = new CompareOptions
{
    CompareMoves = true,
    Granularity = Granularity.WordLevel,
    IgnoreFormatting = false,
    IgnoreCaseChanges = false,
    IgnoreComments = false,
    IgnoreTables = false,
    IgnoreFields = false,
    IgnoreFootnotes = false,
    IgnoreTextboxes = false,
    IgnoreHeadersAndFooters = false,
    Target = ComparisonTargetType.New
};

Comparison.zip (93.5 KB)

Attached are the new and original docs along with the Word and Aspose comparisons.

@joe_lopez
I was able to reproduce your issue. Additionally, I have reached out to the development team to inquire whether we have plans to include the property you mentioned, as soon as get the response I’ll let you know.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSNET-25539

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Excellent, thank you.

1 Like