We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Differences in the document properties in app.xml file

Could you please help me in understanding why we have some differences in the “\docProps\app.xml” file when we converted the xlsb file to xlsm.
I am more interested about “SharedDoc” and “HyperlinksChanged” which are deleted in the converted file.
Template-TestFileDocProps.zip (15.3 KB)


Did you get different source “app.xml” documented when you manually convert the XLSB file to XLSM in MS Excel? By the way, apparently the output file by Aspose.Cells has no issue, do you find any issue? Why you need “SharedDoc” and “HyperlinksChanged” tags, could you elaborate your scenario/case with details?

Hi Amjad,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I didn’t convert XLSB to XLSM manually, I have taken the app.xml from the attached xlsb file directly and compared with the app.xml file taken from the XLSM file (which is created by converting the xlsb file using aspose.cells).
Now i have also compared the app.xml taken from manually converted (using MS Excel) xlsm file with the Aspose.Cells converted xlsm file still the same differences observed.

The reason I am looking for these tags is we do track the values of these tags, as these tags are being created by MS Excel in all the files. But as Aspose is deleting them it is breaking the tracking of them.


Thanks for providing further details.

We have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-51420” for your issue. We will look into it soon.
Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.


This is to inform you that your issue has been resolved now. The fix will be included in the next release (Aspose.Cells for .NET v22.7) which is scheduled in the second week of July 2022. You will also be notified when the next version is released.