Different outcome using excel export PDF and aspose save as PDF

Dear Aspose,

I have received one file template from my clients indicating that they noticed a difference between the (pdf) outcome from Aspose and Excel 2016/2013.

Aspose version used: 16.11.6

Problems: The output differs by cutting the pages in an unexpected way.

Remark: They used rows to repeat at top and a very small scaling (zoom).

Attached please find some files I used to reproduce the error.

Template: Template.xlsx
Creating PDF using Aspose: AsposePDF.pdf
Creating PDF using Excel: ExcelPDF.pdf

Code used (C#):

Workbook wb = new Workbook(“Template.xlsx”);
wb.Save(“AsposePDF.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf);

Many thanks.

Regards,
Jonathan Lau

Hi,

Thanks for the sample files.

After an initial test, I was able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your template file to convert to PDF via Aspose.Cells APIs. I found different outcome using Excel export PDF and Aspose.Cells save as PDF. Aspose.Cells renders 6 pages in the output PDF and does render differently while there should be only 3 pages as per the print preview of the worksheet in MS Excel manually.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45130” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi again,

This is to update you that the ticket logged earlier as CELLSNET-45130 has been marked resolved. We will shortly share the fix here for your testing.

Hi,

Could you try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET , please any of the fixes for your underlying .NET framework version:

Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Dear Amjad Sahi,

I have perform a few tests on my workstation and the updated aspose.cells works fine.

I will proceed to let me client to test it out and let you know if there is any problems.

Jonathan
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest fix. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45130) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.