Digital Signatures in Word

I have a question regarding the features I’m looking for. We have two scenarios:

1. Checking for existing digital signatures:
    A Word document is uploaded to our solution (it’s a server side solution)
    We then have to check if it has a digital signature or not
    If it has a digital signature, we have to validate the signature and extract basic info (name etc.) regarding the person who own the signature
  2. Adding signatures to a new Word document:
    The user select a PDF file for signing
    The users existing X509-based certificate is used (the user is queried for a password to use the signature)
    The Word is signed

In 2), if ofcourse mean that the user select a Word document for signing :slight_smile:

Hi
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support digital signatures for a complete Microsoft Word document now. Aspose.Words will only preserve a digital signature applied to the VBA project (macros) contained in a document.
Best regards.

Any timeline on when digital signatures will be supported?

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this feature at the moment. You will be notified as soon as this feature is supported.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-656) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.