Dimensions are too large when converting pdf to pdfa1a

I have an 18 page pdf document which I am attempting to convert to pdf-a using the following code.

try (final Document pdfDocument = new Document(inputFile.getAbsolutePath())) {
    pdfDocument.convert(xmlPath + "/log.xml", PdfFormat.PDF_A_1A, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);
    pdfDocument.save(outputFile.getAbsolutePath());
}

However, the conversion fails with a dimensions are too large message.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Dimensions (width=515157446 height=514851337) are too large
	at java.awt.image.SampleModel.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
	at java.awt.image.ComponentSampleModel.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
	at java.awt.image.PixelInterleavedSampleModel.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
	at java.awt.image.Raster.createInterleavedRaster(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
	at java.awt.image.Raster.createInterleavedRaster(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
	at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
	at com.aspose.pdf.internal.l182u.lj.lI(Unknown Source) ~[application.jar:?]
	at com.aspose.pdf.internal.l155n.lf.lI(Unknown Source) ~[application.jar:?]
	at com.aspose.pdf.internal.l155n.lf.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[application.jar:?]
	at com.aspose.pdf.internal.l10l.l0u.lI(Unknown Source) ~[application.jar:?]
	at com.aspose.pdf.internal.l10l.l0u.lt(Unknown Source) ~[application.jar:?]
	at com.aspose.pdf.internal.l10l.l0u.lI(Unknown Source) ~[application.jar:?]
	at com.aspose.pdf.internal.l10l.l0u.lj(Unknown Source) ~[application.jar:?]
	at com.aspose.pdf.internal.l10l.l0if.lv(Unknown Source) ~[application.jar:?]
	at com.aspose.pdf.internal.l10l.ly.lf(Unknown Source) ~[application.jar:?]
	at com.aspose.pdf.internal.l10l.l0if.l0t(Unknown Source) ~[application.jar:?]
	at com.aspose.pdf.internal.l10l.ly.lI(Unknown Source) ~[application.jar:?]
	at com.aspose.pdf.ADocument.lI(Unknown Source) ~[application.jar:?]
	at com.aspose.pdf.ADocument.convert(Unknown Source) ~[application.jar:?]
	at com.aspose.pdf.Document.convert(Unknown Source) ~[application.jar:?]
	at com.aspose.pdf.ADocument.convert(Unknown Source) ~[application.jar:?]
	at com.aspose.pdf.Document.convert(Unknown Source) ~[application.jar:?]
	at org.package.application.pdftransform.AsposePDFTransformer.ConvertPDFToPDFa1a(AsposePDFTransformer.java:19) ~[application.jar:?]
	at org.package.application.pdftransform.AlfrescoPDFConvert.importSingleFile(AlfrescoPDFConvert.java:177) ~[application.jar:?]
	at org.package.application.pdftransform.NodeRefFileProcessor.importSingleFile(NodeRefFileProcessor.java:237) [application.jar:?]
	at org.package.application.pdftransform.NodeRefFileProcessor.processFileList(NodeRefFileProcessor.java:142) [application.jar:?]
	at org.package.application.Monitor.importFileList(Monitor.java:116) [application.jar:?]
	at org.package.application.Monitor.processFiles(Monitor.java:212) [application.jar:?]
	at org.package.application.Monitor.processTree(Monitor.java:220) [application.jar:?]
	at org.package.application.Monitor.runFileMonitor(Monitor.java:292) [application.jar:?]
	at org.package.application.Monitor.run(Monitor.java:257) [application.jar:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_65]

I am assuming that this is not caused by a large filesize or too many pages. How do I correct this? (in code, not by changing the pdf)

Some details about the pdf taken from adobe reader. I cannot share the pdf itself.
pdf details.PNG (4.3 KB)

@tijntema

We are afraid that we cannot comment further without replicating the issue in our environment. Can you please share your sample PDF for our reference in a private message as shown in the image. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly. image.png (14.0 KB)

Thank you for your reply. I annonimized the PDF and checked if the problem persisted. It did. I can share the anonimized pdf.

anonimized size problem.pdf (1.2 MB)

@tijntema

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFJAVA-42944

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Thank you

Where can i find status updates on PDFJAVA-42944 or are they added here?

@tijntema

You can find the issue status at the bottom of this thread. Moreover, we will also inform you via this forum thread once we make some progress towards ticket resolution.