Disable "Balance SBCS characters and DBCS characters" Option in RTF Text Files (Monospaced Charachters) & Convert to PDF using C#

Hi,

We are using Aspose.Words for .NET version 18.1 for conversion textual files to PDF. We got an issue during conversion TXT and RTF files. In resulting PDFs some content is shifted. In attached ZIP I provided two screenshots with marked problematic areas in comparison of resulting PDFs that produce MS Word 2013.

In attached ZIP:

Languages and Symbols.rtf - initial RTF file.
UTF8 - Languages and Symbols.txt - initial TXT file.
Page1.png and Page3.png - screenshots.

Thanks,
Roman

Files.zip (219.6 KB)

@cap.aspose,

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 18.2, we managed to reproduce this issue on our end. We have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-16485. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

I downloaded latest version of Words (19.1) and checked the issues described above. In this version of Words issues are still observed. Are there any updates on this issue?

Thanks,
Roman

@cap.aspose,

Unfortunately, this issue is not resolved yet. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologise for your inconvenience.

@cap.aspose,

Regarding WORDSNET-16485, in the meantime while you are waiting for the fix of this issue, please disable the BalanceSingleByteDoubleByteWidth compatibility option as a workaround:

Document doc = new Document("E:\\Temp\\Files\\Languages and Symbols.rtf");
doc.CompatibilityOptions.BalanceSingleByteDoubleByteWidth = false;
doc.Save("E:\\Temp\\Files\\20.3-BalanceSingleByteDoubleByteWidth-false.pdf");

Output PDF file produced on our end is attached here for your reference:

Hope, this helps. We will also inform you via this thread as soon as this issue will be resolved in future.